The Universe and I

Shellybob

Songster
Mar 30, 2020
The universe has tried to stop me from hatching Lavender Ameraucanas. My first order was delayed four days in Phoenix and not a one hatched. My second order was supposed to be held at post office and clearly said that on the package and most had detached air cells(not a one hatched accept one little baby that was from my friends Sapphire Gems, My first ever). My third order came so fast and all I could do is start cookin em in a cheap Little Giant. (We’ll see. The man sent me double and air cells looked great). But, my most important dozen from Paul Smith line was supposed to be held at Post office(once again clearly written and also I made a special trip there this Am and spoke directly to them) Was delivered to my rural box and was turned sideways in the box in the 109 degree noontime weather here in Wickenburg az. Do they have a chance people?!😩 I only let them sit for about 8 hours because they had already been so hot and took four days to get here from NC. Now their all cookin.

Attachments

• 55958719-CE63-40FC-AE60-AF93640732F8.jpeg
    55958719-CE63-40FC-AE60-AF93640732F8.jpeg
    306.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 24C19D0B-A7FD-4E23-B7BC-F6AAFDAD9E99.jpeg
    24C19D0B-A7FD-4E23-B7BC-F6AAFDAD9E99.jpeg
    408.8 KB · Views: 1
  • B82EE18F-A599-4248-9217-A68470C0B700.jpeg
    B82EE18F-A599-4248-9217-A68470C0B700.jpeg
    352.3 KB · Views: 1
Situations like your describing, I would have place them in a cool closet for 24 to 48 to rest and re-settle the egg. Then candling them to make sure the inside wasn't scrambled and then set them in the incubator. I only get shipped eggs cause I want certain breeds like yourself.
Just sharing my input, hope that helps.

Situations like your describing, I would have place them in a cool closet for 24 to 48 to rest and re-settle the egg. Then candling them to make sure the inside wasn't scrambled and then set them in the incubator. I only get shipped eggs cause I want certain breeds like yourself.
Just sharing my input, hope that helps.
Thank you. It does help. Because I am still learning but, also determined. They have those thick shells so its hard to see. I appreciate any advice at all. That is how we all learn and pass on knowledge. Very important. I wish I knew what the perfect choice would be in that moment but, listened to my gut and had to make a decision based on what knowledge I had. Thank you.

You might consider getting a super bright LED hand held mini flash light to look at the eggs. Its helps to see the inside of an egg better even the dark colored eggs. Keep asking questions on here, you have the entire members of BYC to help you.

You might consider getting a super bright LED hand held mini flash light to look at the eggs. Its helps to see the inside of an egg better even the dark colored eggs. Keep asking questions on here, you have the entire members of BYC to help you.
Thank you so much! Ordering one today! 😃

Back
Top Bottom