*The Verge of War* A Medieval Rp

Katrina hurriedly walked past her "aunt" and into the cabin. She dropped the bags down on the floor, quickly reppinned her hair, then returned to Gavin. "So ye lived in a cave?" She asked
---
Maud folded and put away clothing items scattered across Adrienne's floor. She picked up a couple feathers as well.

"Yep" Gavin nodded "Through those trees, across that river, over that hill, a few more trees, and up under another hill" Gavin took Katrina's hand, not thinking about how awkward that was, and led her through the trees.
---
"Gwwwennn!!!" Adrinne yelled, straining her ears to hear any sort of reply "I don't get it Calder" She sighed "People can't just disappear"

Katrina blushed, extremely embarrassed, slightly glad, very amused, and hoping her Highness wasn't watching, allowed herself to be towed along. "So...what–"she took a deep breath of air–"did ye do? Like–"she gasped for breath, as the mountain climb had left her breathless–"how did ye survive all on yer own in a cave by yourself?" She asked.
--
Richard stopped his horse a few yards behind Adrienne. "Princess, does your mother know you're out by yourself riding?" He asked.
----
Edmund sat down in a chair. He wondered if Gwen was actually going to carry through with this.

"Well, it wasn't easy" Gavin admitted "But surviving is exactly what I did. I didn't live, I didn't thrive, I just got through another day. The key to survival is planning for tomorrow but being prepared for tomorrow to never happen. I've lived here since I was seven, it's kinda natural now" He shrugged "Not enjoyable but natural. Don't...don't tell anyone about this, okay? I mean...fake toughness is all I've got" He pointed to the mouth of a cave, a few yards off "Welcome, Katrina, to my cave. Whatever you are, niece or servant. Whatever you do, and whatever ca stands for, I am glad to share this secret with you" he led her inside. It was dark, but as cheery as a cave can be. Dried fruit was strung from the ceiling, and a pile of large leaves was in one corner. Gavin hastily lit a candle he had stolen, and glanced at Katrina to see how appalled she was with the disgusting place.
-----
"Richard!" Adrienne exclaimed "Maud knows where I am, and I trust she will tell my parents if they ask. I am headed back soon.......have you seen Gwen?"

Last edited:
Katrina examined the small cave. She stared in awe. "So ye really lived here–since you were seven–all by yeself?" She asked.
---
Richard winced. No one could ever seen to remember to add 'Sir' when they addressed him. "Princess Gwen? Nah. I haven't seen her since this morning when she was headed out on her horse. She was in a hurry, no doubt."

Heleman walked in and dropped to one knee, bowing his head. "M'lady."
Mariah smiled with relief. "Yes yes, stand up young man. I need you to to me a favor–oh, before I tell you what, you must swear to me that what goes on in here right now stays between the two of us. You hear me?"

Last edited:
"Yep" Gavin nodded "Which is why I took to thieving, and why I'm so bad with people" He shrugged "And why..." He trailed off "Well, enough about me. You like dried fruit?" He plucked a peach from the ceiling and held it out to Katrina.
---
"NO ONE'S seen her!" Adrienne sighed exasperatedly "Im suspicious Richard. Are you suspicious? Will you help me find her Richard?"

Last edited:
Katrina raised an eyebrow. "I don't remember you saying you were a thief?"
---
Richard winced again, this time due to to Adrienne's child-like nearly whiny voice. :)lau) "If you insist," he said reluctantly

Back
Top Bottom