The view from my porch *PIC*

Moonwalker

Songster
12 Years
Jan 9, 2008
Washburn, MO
I mentioned in chat a few days ago that I could see my coop and goats through the window next to the computer.
I figured I'd share:
My hoop Coop and duck pen in the yard. Sorry about the window frame. I had to take it out of the top half, as the bottom glass is smudged by goat noses!
The garden area isn't plowed yet, except for the tire tracks where one of DH's buddies decided to play and got stuck to the axles a week or so ago.
103_0766.jpg

This is the house from the road. The creek runs beside the road. Then I have my "garden" area (about 1/4 acre) then the"lawn" where I have the chickens and ducks till they don't need the heat lamp and I can move them farther away.
0323081548a1.jpg

Moonwalker,
Those pics make me miss home very very much. I am actually sitting here ready to cry because I miss it so much. Even though I said I would never live there again. I miss my family the most, and the beautiful mountains. I miss my momma and daddy the most. I can just see Cades Cove now. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Hey do you know any Browns in that area?

Hey Moonwalker, where in TN are you? I'm north of Nashville right on the Robertson/Sumner county line, near Portland.

I'll bet you love that view!! I just love being able to look out and see God's hand at work!!

I love the idea of being able to see into pens/runs from inside the house - I have all my pens close enough to the house that I can see into them. I can see the new banty run/coop from the kitchen window, i can see the bigger chicken run from the living room,spare room,bathroom windows. on the other side of the house I can see my dogs from livingroom,bedroom windows.
it works great during bad weather or just a pass by the window to take a quick look out to see what they are doing.

I love how big your garden area is - what all are you planning to grow there?

Julie

I live in Sevierville, Dolly Parton's Hometown. (as a matter of fact just up the road from me)
I wish the land WAS mine, but it's a rental. I've been here going on 3 years now and don't plan to move anytime soon.
I will probably plant corn, okra, tomatoes and some greens for my iguanas. Maybe runner beans, not sure yet, but I better make up my mind, now that the weather has decided to stay on Spring for more than 2 days running!

Back
Top Bottom