The wait is OVER!!!!! ***pics***

lizzy06019

Songster
10 Years
Oct 26, 2009
Connecticut
One of my girls laid the most perfect brown egg this afternoon. I let out quite a screech and my poor hubby, who was picking pickling cucumbers in the garden, thought something horrible had happened. Nope... just our VERY first egg laid by our very own chicken!!!!! I don't know which one of 'em did it but she's a smarty. She managed to lay it right in the nesting box next to the wooden egg I had put in there for guidance/motivation. I gave all the girls (and Big Papa) a yummy blueberry and banana treat for all their efforts. I'm sure she was cheered on my the others. I knew I was going to be excited I just didn't know it would be like this!

Here are some pictures of our perfect, little brown egg. Most likely laid by a BR who is 20 weeks old today.

So, I was so excited about this egg that I took it out of the nesting box before taking a picture of it. It looks wet because I had just washed it off in the kitchen and remembered I didn't take a photo of it still in the nesting box
tongue2.gif

43548_first_egg_08.jpg

This is me holding the egg
43548_first_egg_01.jpg

Here it is next to a store bought white egg for comparison. It's so stinkin' small but perfect. I could just kiss every single girl in there... maybe even Big Papa.
43548_first_egg_07.jpg

My 4 year old holding the egg
43548_dsc_0104.jpg

43548_dsc_0106.jpg

I really wanted to kiss the egg but my 4 year old got to it first. Good thing I washed it first
43548_dsc_0111.jpg

E.T.A. more photos

Last edited:
Congratulations! We got our first egg last week & its a truly amazing feeling! We had a lovely dinner to celebrate, with the 4 small eggs that she's layed. You should definitely cook up something special with them!

OMG how cute is that little boy holding his first egg !
smile.png
Congrats ! We got our first egg on July 4th....truly a very special day we were so excited !

Back
Top Bottom