The wait is OVER!!!!! ***pics***

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by lizzy06019, Jul 16, 2010.

1. lizzy06019

lizzy06019 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2009
    Connecticut
    One of my girls laid the most perfect brown egg this afternoon. I let out quite a screech and my poor hubby, who was picking pickling cucumbers in the garden, thought something horrible had happened. Nope... just our VERY first egg laid by our very own chicken!!!!! I don't know which one of 'em did it but she's a smarty. She managed to lay it right in the nesting box next to the wooden egg I had put in there for guidance/motivation. I gave all the girls (and Big Papa) a yummy blueberry and banana treat for all their efforts. I'm sure she was cheered on my the others. I knew I was going to be excited I just didn't know it would be like this!

Here are some pictures of our perfect, little brown egg. Most likely laid by a BR who is 20 weeks old today.

So, I was so excited about this egg that I took it out of the nesting box before taking a picture of it. It looks wet because I had just washed it off in the kitchen and remembered I didn't take a photo of it still in the nesting box [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is me holding the egg
    [​IMG]

Here it is next to a store bought white egg for comparison. It's so stinkin' small but perfect. I could just kiss every single girl in there... maybe even Big Papa.
    [​IMG]

My 4 year old holding the egg
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really wanted to kiss the egg but my 4 year old got to it first. Good thing I washed it first
    [​IMG]

E.T.A. more photos

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  2. MaKettle

MaKettle Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratulations! We got our first egg last week & its a truly amazing feeling! We had a lovely dinner to celebrate, with the 4 small eggs that she's layed. You should definitely cook up something special with them!

3. Boo-Boo's Mama

Boo-Boo's Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats! We had our first and second egg this week. [​IMG]

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Congrats to you! [​IMG] Great pics, your little boy is adorable!! [​IMG] Enjoy those eggs, and your chickens! [​IMG]

5. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] Congrats!!!! It's so special to find the first egg [​IMG]

6. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    Congrats!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. bambi

bambi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Mo.
    [​IMG] CONGRATS!!! Your son is so cute kissing the egg.[​IMG]:ya:ya

8. CathyRN

CathyRN Out Of The Brooder

Jan 17, 2010
    Sevier County, TN
    OMG how cute is that little boy holding his first egg ! [​IMG] Congrats ! We got our first egg on July 4th....truly a very special day we were so excited !

9. Aphrodite13

Aphrodite13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    Colchester, CT
    Beautiful Pictures. Can't wait for our first egglet.

10. trunkman

trunkman Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2009
    Rock Hill SC
    congrats, can't wait for my first egg... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by