The wings look different to me???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by harleyjo, May 26, 2010.

1. harleyjo

harleyjo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2010
    SW Iowa
    I am new so please bear with me. I have these 3 black pullets. I think as do some of the people here on this board that I for sure have at least 1 black sex link and 1 black australorp with these three little chicks. I took them outside today for about 15 to 20 minutes and while out there noticed the wings on the middle chick in the picture are different. They are just little wings. I don't know how else to describe them.

What am I seeing here? They are different than my other chicks.

[​IMG][/img]

2. Tradeshows

Tradeshows Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2010
    If you find an answer let me know. I have one light yellow chick and one chick that looks exactly like your short wing chick. Both are about the same age and although my yellow chicken has beautiful long white wing feathers already, my dark chick has much shorter wing feathers and no tail feather still to speak of. Wondered if this was due to its breed or if its simply developing slower because its going to be a roo? I was hoping for 2 hens! What do ya'll think?

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

It's slower to develop is all. Many times that means you have a male, but not always.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by