The worst things to feed your chickens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DC98A8B0-AE2F-4A2A-A573-0BE3DBF3F664.jpeg

Here is what I have so far. Any other foods?

1363F54B-405E-4609-BD73-20DE499C1E42.jpeg

Alright I updated it a bit and even added some of my favourite questions (hint:Cheetos 😂).

View attachment 2557394
Alright I updated it a bit and even added some of my favourite questions (hint:Cheetos 😂).
i wouldnt feed them other candy and super sweet stuff (same with salt but thats on the list)
i guess candy could count as junk food, but just to be more specific :p
also i think some people mentioned moldy foods and spoiled foods. i wouldnt feed them those either

i wouldnt feed them other candy and super sweet stuff (same with salt but thats on the list)
i guess candy could count as junk food, but just to be more specific :p
also i think some people mentioned moldy foods and spoiled foods. i wouldnt feed them those either
Candy and lollies are the same thing. Us Aussies call them lollies though. But I’ll fix it so none Australians can understand it :)

View attachment 2557394
The raw rice, raw beans, marigolds, dandelions and clover blossoms are ALL fine for poultry. I also believe you can take bee balm off this list BUT I haven't done much studying on it.
Were did find this information come from?
Sadly this list is becoming misleading with more and more incorrect information than a list with helpful information in it.

The raw rice, raw beans, marigolds, dandelions and clover blossoms are ALL fine for poultry. I also believe you can take bee balm off this list BUT I haven't done much studying on it.
Were did find this information come from?
Sadly this list is becoming misleading with more and more incorrect information than a list with helpful information in it.
I looked back on old threads to try and find different foods to add to my list. Also If you read the front of the flower things it says “excludes“ meaning they don’t count and are fine. I wasent sure about the rice and bean but i have received mixed information about it so I just put it on to be safe.

Candy and lollies are the same thing. Us Aussies call them lollies though. But I’ll fix it so none Australians can understand it :)
ohh yeah sorry! i see
I looked back on old threads to try and find different foods to add to my list. Also If you read the front of the flower things it says “excludes“ meaning they don’t count and are fine. I wasent sure about the rice and bean but i have received mixed information about it so I just put it on to be safe.
hmm, i think the raw rice thing is because it absorbs water and expands
i think in small amounts it is okay, but it doesnt have mch nutrients, so its not as great

If you can eat it they can eat it! Everything that comes out of my kitchen goes to the run and the birds get their chance at it. Stale bread, meat, potatoes, beans, rice, corn, cake, cereal, carrot peels, potato peels, apple peels and cores (including seeds), stale chips, milk, soup, I mean everything. If they don't want it it composts away. They come running when we show up with the old cool whip containers we put the stuff in to carry it out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom