The Wyandotte Bantam Thread

Jtabor1387

Songster
11 Years
May 15, 2012
I am starting this thread, to talk specifically about Wyandotte Bantams. I have found Bantam threads and Wyandotte threads, but not much information on wyandotte bantams. This thread is for those who love this breed or are interested in learning about them. I personally raise wyandotte bantams in 7 colors, silver laced, dun laced, partridge, white, gold laced, black, and blue laced red, with the hopes of adding cuckoo soon. Feel free to join in. Thanks

These are a few of my birds. I will upload better pics when I take some.

Nice birds, Jtabor1387. There seems to be a good deal of interest in bantam Wyandottes at shows, so it's hard to figure why there doesn't seem to be more interest generated here on BYC. Hopefully more breeders will speak up and join in.

Thanks gootziecat, I agree they are an awesome breed, but I think they are not as easily available as there large fowl cousins, which is one of the main reasons not many people have them. Are you a breeder?

I have a few bantam dottes but don't consider myself a breeder yet. Do you show your birds? What is your criteria for breeding your Wyandottes?

I don't show my birds personally but I sell to local 4h kids in my area. I strive for the perfect wyandotte form, and great lacing. I'm kind of a perfectionist so I always try to improve my breeds, I'm never satisfied with them. Lol

I am getting either d'Uccles or Pekin bantams. Which one do you think would make a better pet?

I don't know much about the d'uccles but I have raised Cochins which are similar to pekins, the feather footed variety are tough to keep clean. My cochin rooster I had was very aggressive and he attacked all my other roosters as well any human that walked in to his coop. Just my opinion.

I don't know much about the d'uccles but I have raised Cochins which are similar to pekins, the feather footed variety are tough to keep clean. My cochin rooster I had was very aggressive and he attacked all my other roosters as well any human that walked in to his coop. Just my opinion.

Hmm, are you sure that was a pekin bantam? I mean, I've heard they don't attack.

Back
Top Bottom