The Wyandotte Thread

I ended up bring her in for the night. Or how ever long it takes her leg to get better. Her sisters are freaking out without her but she's as cozy as can be in my lap. That makes me think she really does hurt. I have the Vito sol drops for her water. Please let me know if I should be doing anything else. She's one of my favorite!
thats the best picture I could get without having her stand more then needed.

Keep her quite and have a good look at the leg. She may have just twisted during a little ' ruff housing '. Some scrambled egg and a drop of polyvisol in the beak , keep her warm and see how she is in the morning. Have a look through this article just in case you need tape.

https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/poultry-podiatry

Keep her quite and have a good look at the leg. She may have just twisted during a little ' ruff housing '. Some scrambled egg and a drop of polyvisol in the beak , keep her warm and see how she is in the morning. Have a look through this article just in case you need tape.

https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/poultry-podiatry
Ok, I'm going to pull heat lamp back in and I fortunately have vita-sol. I got her to eat. I'll look at article. What worries me is she doesn't care her sisters are not around. To me that means she must hurt . They are going crazy without her. Thank you so much!!!

Wow! That is amazing! She looks so very good and "Wyandotte". Interesting too, since the Wyandotte eggs I have are a very light brown. So, to get such an egg, you would have to add BOTH a darker egg layer, AND a blue egg layer.

Or do the rest of you have Wyandottes that lay dark brown eggs?
Wyandottes should lay a light cream colored egg

Help I came home and let my girls out. I have a 2 week old SLW, she is housed with two 4 week old EE. They all get along great! They are always right with her. Anyways I noticed her just laying in grass. Struck me as odd. Then I watched her stand up and lift her leg. She will put it down a little bit but not much. I checked it, nails are ok, leg is still same color and doesn't appear to have anything stuck in it. Help? She's laying on my lap. Do I separate her? What should I look for? Actually Chloe just came to visit

That's not a slw. But I think you're doing what you can for now. When you post photos on the forums for diagnosis it also helps if you don't put filters or actions on them.

i love this breed i have 2 chicks that are golden laced, cant wait till they feather out fully, thesea nd bramahs re my fav!

That's not a slw. But I think you're doing what you can for now. When you post photos on the forums for diagnosis it also helps if you don't put filters or actions on them.
Sorry, that's not a filter it's my horrible camera ! Is she not a SLW ? That's what I bought her as? :( either way I love her!
the sun was setting. Please let me know what breed she would be?

Can anyone help me with my GLW's? First off I'm horrible at gender so any help would be so appreciated!!! Also I have one with a curved beak.... How to handle this? Will it survive? Will it get worse? It's eating and drinking fine right now....
Bird #1
[VIDEO]

[/VIDEO]

Bird #1 on left Bird #2 on right

Bird #2

I honestly don't know what it is. It could be a barnyard mix. Where did you get it from?
The feed store they labeled SLW here is a pic this morning. She's all better.
I actually would love to find out! Because I bought two Amauracana from them turned out to be EE. I kind of expected that. I love them either way! But ones looking like a Roo. Plus I bought 3 production RIR as pullets and one is also Turning out to be a Roo as well. I'll have to give them a call, when I figure this all out. Any info in Lola's breed would be helpful. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom