The Wyandotte Thread

I got 4 Partridge Wyandotte pullets from Chicken Hill Poultry 5 years ago and realized​
I've never really shown off these gorgeous girls. I love them very mellow, beautiful girls complete opposites of the silver laced girls I got from a local hatchery. Their only flaw in my eyes is the fact that their frustratingly broody. They have spent more time trying to brood then anything else their usually broody from April-august.
I've got some more pictures of them in my album called laying flock 2018.​

View attachment 1581919 View attachment 1581920 View attachment 1581921 View attachment 1581922

Very beautiful girls! Your Partridge Wyans are so GORGEOUS and I'm not a Wyans fan! But I thought it interesting that your Partridge are mellower than your SLW. I never had Wyans but have had two Silkie hens -- a Partridge and a Black Silkie. My Partridge Silkie happens to be a very mellow girl and my Black was extremely spunky. As for broodiness, I can't imagine any breed more broody than Silkies -- they go broody at the drop of a dime! LOL! But, it's a good thing for a hen to go broody -- it gives their body a temporary rest and time for nutrient replenishing from forming and laying so many eggs during their lifetime. I tend to go for breeds that go broody so their bodies get a rest break -- I make sure to supply extra nutritional supplements during molting, laying, or broodiness.

I have one pet quality GL Wyandotte, Wanda. I would LOVE a partridge but they are non existent where I am
wanda.jpg

Back
Top Bottom