The Wyandotte Thread

I not a pro when it comes to sexing chicks but these both appear to be pullets at this time. Watch the comb and waddles for bright red color and the waddles will get bigger over the next few weeks if they are cockerels. I have GLW in the small rum right now and yours look like my pullets. Try laying them on their back in your hand. If they struggle they might be cockerel

20200411_185919.jpg
20200411_185558.jpg

Hey! I'm new here (though I've been reading here for a while before I decided to jump in and make an account). Two of my chicks are Wyandottes (GL and RLB) and I am getting a little skittish on one of them looking a little roo-ish. I know they can have a little blush to them sometimes and am hoping that's all this is, but I'm not very experienced so I was hoping to get some more familiar with these babies to weigh in. They are about a month old.

The 1st 3 pics are Merida (the one I am worried about) and the next 3 are Wanda (who I am pretty sure is all girl). Any guesses? Thanks!!
The white one is a cockerel(SLW/GLW). The other is a pullet (SLW/RIR)

I bought 3 gold laced wyandonettes along with 11 other chicks. One appears more grey-blue than black. She (I think she's a pullet) is plump and fluffy. The other two are slightly darker, slimmer, and smaller. Could they be cockerels? They are 5 weeks.
IMG_20200419_132359.jpg
00000IMG_00000_BURST20200419132502422_COVER.jpg
IMG_20200419_132408.jpg

Back
Top Bottom