The Wyandotte Thread

Quote:
Have you tried to pluck feathers around both the male and female vents? Wyandottes are fluffy and many breeders find that this "clears the runway."
thumbsup.gif

Also, you may have too many girls per boy if they are young. Try putting the boys with one or two at first and see if that doesn't help.

No, I haven't plucked feathers. My feeling on that is the birds should be able to mate naturally without interference, or something is wrong with our breeding of them. BUT, I just candled 13 eggs that I set on Christmas day, and they all look fertile
celebrate.gif
so things are looking better. Maybe it was the age of the birds
idunno.gif
Now I just need these pullets to start laying better. I don't want to wish for longer days too soon, though, because that means it is going to get hot here in the desert
th.gif

Quote:
Beautiful! I will hopefully get there before it is over! Congrats!

PS- do you ever sell eggs/chicks? I am in PA also
smile.png

I used to sell eggs, but I don't anymore. I only sell adult birds - and I will also sell chicks of color variations I know I will not use. For example, if I hatch out splash or black BLR wyandotte chicks, I sell them immediately. They aren't going to be 'blue' laced, so I don't keep them. I spend enough feeding the blues, I don't need to feed the other colors, too.

So those beauties were yours? I made BF write down the number so I could look at my exhibitor book today. I did ask him how far you were, as we're 40 mins south of Harrisburg.

Back
Top Bottom