The Wyandotte Thread

Very pretty Mrs. Turbo
smile.png

Mrs. Turbo :

Craig'sHens :

Quote:
I'm also pretty sure this is a cockerel. It also has the beginnings of wattles that you can't see in the photo. But all 18 chicks have very few feathers. Some are a bit more feathered and some a but less. About 1/3 of them have no feathers at all on their shoulders... only on their wings & the beginnings of tail feathers. I'm not really concerned about it. Just surprised at how different they are from other birds.

slow feathering on a Wyandotte is a good thing.
smile.png
means they carry the slow feathering gene, slow feathering means better lacing. We just keep them under the lights a little longer. and a heads up.... our young SLWs like to feather pick so be prepared. We put flock blocks in the SLW growout pens to give them something else to pick at.

I took this picture yesterday....this is a young pullet and she is from the same lines your chicks came from. Patience....
old.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/21841_blake1stbd_113.jpg

droolin.gif
She is gorgeous!​

Mrs. Turbo :

Craig'sHens :

Quote:
I'm also pretty sure this is a cockerel. It also has the beginnings of wattles that you can't see in the photo. But all 18 chicks have very few feathers. Some are a bit more feathered and some a but less. About 1/3 of them have no feathers at all on their shoulders... only on their wings & the beginnings of tail feathers. I'm not really concerned about it. Just surprised at how different they are from other birds.

slow feathering on a Wyandotte is a good thing.
smile.png
means they carry the slow feathering gene, slow feathering means better lacing. We just keep them under the lights a little longer. and a heads up.... our young SLWs like to feather pick so be prepared. We put flock blocks in the SLW growout pens to give them something else to pick at.

I took this picture yesterday....this is a young pullet and she is from the same lines your chicks came from. Patience....
old.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/21841_blake1stbd_113.jpg

Wow.​

Quote:
thanks Katy....
I am bored tonight. Jerry and Nathan (13 year old) went to the KY basketball game tonight. This is Nathan's first live KY game.... picture from their seats. Guess I could find more pictures of Wyandottes instead. KY and basketball.... Is there anything else?

21841_kybasketballgameseats.jpg

Last edited:
Mrs. Turbo :

Quote:
thanks Katy....
I am bored tonight. Jerry and Nathan (13 year old) went to the KY basketball game tonight. This is Nathan's first live KY game.... picture from their seats. Guess I could find more pictures of Wyandottes instead. KY and basketball.... Is there anything else?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/21841_kybasketballgameseats.jpg

So how can you be bored?....I know you still have plenty of kiddos there to keep you busy!!
lau.gif

I was going to set some SLW eggs to hatch out some replacements for the hens that the coons got but the girls are barely laying now. It's cooled down some so maybe they'll start in better here soon.....or else go into their molt.​

Here is a Wyandotte variety that needs to make a comeback..... they are stunning. It is so hard to pick a favorite and I wish we could raise all the varities, but we wouldn't be able to keep up with the standard and we would be spread too thin. Maybe when the other kids get old enough to help more.
sad.png

2011 pullet

21841_2011growoutpen_058.jpg

Quote:
thanks Katy....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/21841_kybasketballgameseats.jpg

So how can you be bored?....I know you still have plenty of kiddos there to keep you busy!!
lau.gif

I was going to set some SLW eggs to hatch out some replacements for the hens that the coons got but the girls are barely laying now. It's cooled down some so maybe they'll start in better here soon.....or else go into their molt.

it is almost 9:00 here and there is school tomorrow. The kids don't get a nap during the day so they have all crashed, even the baby.
He had a birthday last week.

21841_blake1stbd_024.jpg

Mrs. Turbo :

Here is a Wyandotte variety that needs to make a comeback..... they are stunning. It is so hard to pick a favorite and I wish we could raise all the varities, but we wouldn't be able to keep up with the standard and we would be spread too thin. Maybe when the other kids get old enough to help more.
sad.png

2011 pullet

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/21841_2011growoutpen_058.jpg

Beautiful! That pattern/coloring is amazing!​

Quote:
Beautiful! That pattern/coloring is amazing!

thanks... and he has big beautiful blue eyes.....
big_smile.png

wait, I think you were talking about the chicken.
hmm.png
Guess I need to head back to the baby thread.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom