The Wyandotte Thread

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
New Pictures:

Thanks to all guesses on this chicks Gender. 7 weeks old tomorrow.
Pullet
big_smile.png

Thank you!

She is so sweet. She was raised with two EEs. Those are going to another BYCr next weekend, so last night I moved her in with 6 Heritage RIRs (Thanks Ron Fogelly) and they did not even peck each other!

Ron

Last edited:
Can I ask a genetics question? I found a great website that explained blues, silvers and blacks, but she matched them up without answering my specific color question.

I have a SLW hen and just discovered my 13 week old BLRW, (black and red), is a roo. If I let them mate, what colors would I end up with?

I know she isn't perfect but I love her. This is Hazy, one of my newest additions. I have NO intentions of breeding since roosters are not allowed in the city. I am excited to see what she grows up to look like. She has a rose comb but it looks like she may have a spike or a telescope at the top.

This chicken color calculator is fun to play around with and will give you an idea of what you will get.

Can I ask a genetics question? I found a great website that explained blues, silvers and blacks, but she matched them up without answering my specific color question.

I have a SLW hen and just discovered my 13 week old BLRW, (black and red), is a roo. If I let them mate, what colors would I end up with?

She is pretty!
thumbsup.gif

I know she isn't perfect but I love her. This is Hazy, one of my newest additions. I have NO intentions of breeding since roosters are not allowed in the city. I am excited to see what she grows up to look like. She has a rose comb but it looks like she may have a spike or a telescope at the top.

Last edited:
The ugliest Columbian Wyandotte chick ever?
smile.png

Our 6-week old, Roxy, is way behind our other chicks in development....the others have most of their feathers...but she's still trying..and she is a funny little gal...
--Julie

OMG IS IT A BLUE? :DDDD

Mine look EXACTLY the same!

The one in the front and back!
:D

Mine looked very awkward until they were about 6 months

so pretty~

Back
Top Bottom