The Zen Hen Hatchery??

For sexable at hatch, Bielefelders are another breed. I got mine at Mt Healthy and am very pleased with them. Because I only wanted 4 birds total last spring, there was a "small order" fee tacked on. I don't have a problem with that. I couldn't order 10 or 15 birds, I only had room for a few.

For sexable at hatch, Bielefelders are another breed. I got mine at Mt Healthy and am very pleased with them. Because I only wanted 4 birds total last spring, there was a "small order" fee tacked on. I don't have a problem with that. I couldn't order 10 or 15 birds, I only had room for a few.
Yes! I love the look of Bielefelders, but what really intrigues me is the fact that these breeders are producing colored egg layers that are sexable at hatch. On the Meyer Hatchery website, it looks like Bielefelders lay a brown egg, but it's speckled...do yours lay speckled eggs, because I do love a speckled egg as well!! 😍

My Biels are only 13 weeks old, so no eggs yet.

Oh, I'd LOVE a blue egg layer, but color of the egg is not high on my list of practical features. Maybe someday.
Oooh! I hope you'll post a thread when you get your first eggs from them! This is the pic on Meyer's website (very pretty eggs):

Screenshot_20230817_200225_Chrome.jpg

I have Buff Orps and Barred Rocks ATM, and I LOVE them. All of their eggs look pretty much the same (shades of tan). I'd much rather my girls be healthy and hardy than lay colored eggs, but I get so envious when I see the rainbow egg baskets, I want to have my cake and eat it too, lol. I'll probably just order through Meyer and take my chances on their sexing abilities (at least the Blue EE and the Cuckoo are easily sexable) :

Plans for spring 2024 are for 2 Blue Ameraucanas, 2 Blue Sex-Link EE Bantams, 1 Golden Cuckoo Marans, 1 Green Queen Bantam, and 1 Green Queen LF.

Oooh! I hope you'll post a thread when you get your first eggs from them! This is the pic on Meyer's website (very pretty eggs):

View attachment 3612210

I have Buff Orps and Barred Rocks ATM, and I LOVE them. All of their eggs look pretty much the same (shades of tan). I'd much rather my girls be healthy and hardy than lay colored eggs, but I get so envious when I see the rainbow egg baskets, I want to have my cake and eat it too, lol. I'll probably just order through Meyer and take my chances on their sexing abilities (at least the Blue EE and the Cuckoo are easily sexable) :

Plans for spring 2024 are for 2 Blue Ameraucanas, 2 Blue Sex-Link EE Bantams, 1 Golden Cuckoo Marans, 1 Green Queen Bantam, and 1 Green Queen LF.
I've always wanted a golden cuckoo marans, beautiful bird!❤️

Back
Top Bottom