Their Names

ParadiseChickens

Songster
8 Years
Apr 19, 2011
I have 8 hens hatched the first week of March. I waited until I had "inspiration" from each one to finish naming them (it didnt occur to me not to name them, they are pets). Four of them have just now started laying. Anyway, I like their names:

Mary Sue Ethyl Ann Sarah Ophelia Bertha Belle Amber Irene Oprah Gayle Marie LaVieux (sp?) and ........ Lil Bit

Last edited:
Great names, I have four named Bellatrix LeStrange (Old Game Bantam), Fleur (Millie Fleur D'uccle), Luna (White Cochin) and Soleil (Black australorp)

Nothing wrong with naming your chickens...you almost can't help it
wee.gif

My hens are.....Eagle....Kiwi....Sky....Pumpkin....CB (short for chatter box)....Blanca....Gus (she crows like a rooster)....and Blah (cuz she is the quiet one)

I love my girls
love.gif

We call our red-star, STAR; our cuckoo marans' are Frick and Frack; our SLW is Princess (she's our squawker/screemer)and our Columbian Rock is called Whitey. Not very original, but suited for these chicks!
big_smile.png
we try to keep it simple
tongue.png

I have 13 right now (none are laying so in chicken math I don't have any LoL) and so far I've only named 10.
They are:
2 mutts: Dougie and Fluff
White silkie: Marshmallow
2 blonde silkies: Presley and Petri
5 black silkies: Rascal, Spike, Lutie, LoL the other 2 names elude me (Just named last night)
And I still have 3 new mutts with no names because I want to wait and find out gender (though I think it's 2 girls and 1 boy).

Last edited:
I love your chickens names i like originall ones! i have 5 ex battery hens calles ginger,babs,workid,sweet annie,princess layer and 1 light sussex called miley one cream legbar called melow a anocona name oeflay a orpington names buntie and 2 cross breeds names obarma and osma and last a cockerel names rocky

I love naming my hens but it takes me a while- Needs to get to know them before I find the names that fit them
My Hens are

Marshmallow & Peep ( buff opringtons)- my kids helped name these two:)
Roxy and Charlotte ( Barred Rocks )
Ava, Pearl and Poppy ( Silkie chicks)
June (Welsummer)
Gaga (Polish)
Tiny (Easter Egger)

I have a dozen or so more chicks I'm still working on names for

Silver laced wyandotte: Willow
Silver laced wyandotte: Wendy
Black Australorp: Melanie
Black Australorp: Beauty
Black Australorp: ..............
Buff orpington: Bell