TheLukeMeister's Chat Thread!!!

Sorry but those are not African geese whatsoever they may be mix breeds but those are not complete Africans.They are 3 kinds of African geese mine are brown the other two kinds aren't nearly as common.The other two kinds are buff and white Africans the buffs being pretty much the same but lighter plumage,white Africans are pure white and have an orange knob/bill and feet.Mine so far have not developed a dewlap I got mine from Murray McMurray hatchery and they said their Africans may or may not develop a dewlap.I had doubted if mine were actually Africans because mine look a lot like brown Chinese geese so I emailed the hatchery and they confirmed my geese to be African like I ordered and they said it can take up to 3-4 years before they develop a dewlap if they do at all.Here are mine:

Mine are named Assyra and Damascus.Assyra has the white circle between her head and bill where Damascus doesn't and is darker overall.Assyra also has very yellow rings around her eyes where Danascus has darker eye rings.Assyra is taller and skinnier and Damascus is shorter and more stout.Damascus also has a darker bill and slightly larger knob.Both are female and they lay eggs spring and fall I get about an egg every day to every other day during their seasons.They just started laying for fall.I got them April of 2014 so their about 1 1/2 years old.
oh ok thanks
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom