TheLukeMeister's Chat Thread!!!

Is it just me, our are these getting more and more violent?

You're right, lets notch it down a bit
1250675630_helicopter_machine_gun.gif

Yeah, well I figured out what was going on. I had noticed something while looking at the mom of the first litter. She had something none of the other females had around here her bottom. So that got me thinking. I looked online and found out how to tell the difference between males and females. Went over, looked at the "dad", who was clearly missing something, and while looking I kept feeling nipples. I looked at the "mom" and she had two big things the other rabbits didn't. So the reason all the babies died was because they had No milk. I am surprised the true dad didn't eat them. I switched the two, and now each is in the spot where they should be. I just feel so bad. it is because of us the babies died. We just grabbed the two white ones, and, don't laugh, we thought the testicles was stretched skin from being pregnant. How are we suppose to know? We haven't ever dealt with rabbits before.

Last edited:
Why are baby bunnies so difficult! ?! :barnie
So, I go and check on them this morning. Another one dead, the other two very close. They were out from the hair I put in from the other nest since they didn't have anything,and I knew it was going to get cold. Since it got so cold, and they weren't snuggling, they got even colder. The two alive I brought home and got warmed up. They seemed pretty skinny as if they hadn't eaten, so when I brought them back, I flipped mom over and let them nurse, except they wouldn't. I don't know if they are going to live much longer. I put the kennal in the garage to keep them warmer. Will just have to see what is going on in a little while.
The white female (who we thought was the dad) is just starting to to pull her fur out. I think she hasn't had her babies yet. Only time will tell though.

Back
Top Bottom