There are angels everywhere.

TrixiePA

Songster
10 Years
May 1, 2009
South Central PA
I just had to post this. So many times people complain but I wanted to tell of this amazing thing that happened today.

First, over the past 4 months our family has been going through the economic woes like the rest of the country. My husband's main customer is Chrysler to give you some perspective. And we've been cutting corners and making things work. The kids had to give up some activities and I didn't do my summer clothes/shoes shopping trip, we're going to make due with hand me downs etc.
Coupon clipping, smarter shopping choices, etc and I've been trying to make every dollar stretch. You all know what I mean.

I haven't complained, well maybe once I broke down to my mom, but really I 'get' that it's tough these days and we still have my husbands job and his benefits and that makes us luckier than some. I'm trying to count my blessings. I pray for strength and guidance and most importantly a change in the world.

So today, out of the blue, I received a couple hundred $$ Target e-gift card. From a really good friend, who btw doesn't know the nitty gritty, just what she's observed. She had a windfall in her life and thought to SHARE it with me and my family. Just because.

To everyone who is thinking they are at the bottom and there is no hope. Don't stop believing. There are angels everywhere. Yours might be just around the corner. And in the meantime, go out and do something nice for someone else. I know, trust me, that what goes around definately comes around. No good deed goes unnoticed and every other positive hopeful corney thing you can think of. They are all true.

Be blessed, Tracy

hit.gif
Some people are just wonderful aren't they???? I just LOVE stories like that!!!!
hugs.gif

Very, very cool.

Thank you for sharing that story. . . . and obviously you already know what my mother always told me - - that gracious acceptance of a gift honors the giver. Your sincere appreciation is a gift, too!
smile.png

Wishing you many more surprise blessings - -

I had the same amazing thing happen to us...

My bf's church got together and raised about $500 for us at christmas time...
they did this without us knowing, and it was just amazing! We had never gotten charity before, or needed it, but because of someone mentioning our predicament at church one evening...oh, its just amazing how nice people can be.

My dad was laid-off about around this time last year, and just two weeks ago he finally found a job. He had used all of his savings/retirement funds to keep us in this house that we have all putt so much time, money, and sweat into.

There really are angels everywhere.
hit.gif

Godbless you and your Friend, I am a true believer, that every single thing on earth happens and will happen for a reason, and good thing about this hard times is that we are learning how to love and help each others, and how to never take things for granted .

Back
Top Bottom