there is no doubt about it now

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by loupan, Jan 3, 2012.

1. loupan

loupan Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    Well my 4 week old white silkie started to do a real pathetic crow today it was the funniest thing i have ever heard but was definatly a try at crowing [​IMG] im gutted but it was sooooooo super cute [​IMG]

2. snipercp

snipercp Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2011
    Nottingham
    try and get a video [​IMG]

3. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    it is such a pathetic screech when I heard my neighbors boy. She had to re-home bc of the area we live in unfortunately

4. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    I never wanted a rooster - until one of my pullets ended up being a cockerel and he started crowing. I LOVE the sound of a rooster crowing. Fortunately - the chicken coop is far enough away from the house that I don't hear him unless I want to. And neighbors are even further away.

5. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    haha! I brooded two silkie chicks in the basement, and the dark one started crowing one day...It was like "WHAT WAS THAT?!" I babied those two so much...My husband said "They have to go outside NOW!" He was waking us up in the morning with his crazy honking crowing sound!

6. KFaye

KFaye Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2011
    Oh I so remember those first crows. Nothing could be more pathetic yet hilarious. Those poor little men. [​IMG]

7. Silkie-lover33

Silkie-lover33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Once I gave my friend this tiny banty rooster and his crow was so squeaky she wanted to get rid of him. His crow was like this; ERRER-EEEEEAH

8. loupan

loupan Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    It hasnt had another go at it yet lol must have gotten embarrassed cuz we was laughing so hard [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by