There Killed !!!

I went out and checked all over for signs of prints, unfortunantely the ground froze over so finding prints was next to impossible, what I did find where there was a bunch of feathers were claw marks, like something was clawing the ground, no specific signs. My neighbor came down and walked way back and found fox prints and feathers, so maybe it was a fox? Right now my hens are all huddled and terrified. I did treat the injured one, seems like they ripped her feathers off her back, I put Blu-coat on her and none of the gashes were horribly bad, but she is just scared, she runs under the other hens. Thank you all for caring. This is the first place that I came to when it happened because I knew that you would understand and feel my pain. Again thank you:love

SHUCKS!

I hate hearing about predators.

I let some of mine out during the day and I know I'm taking a chance because there are owls and hawks in the neighborhood.

Hang in there and work on an enclosed run when you can.

I have been in your shoes
sad.png
....I am so sorry for you ...what ever got my flock Fox/coon...we were never sure....they took everyone one of my birds. ......carried them all off.
Sounds like fox or coon. And for it to happen in broad daylight!?!!
hmm.png
I always just assumed that predators would only attack at night...guess that is a dangerous assumption
hmm.png
? I am gonna redo my run now just in case !! Thanks for sharing your experience and I hope your surviving birds recover !
hugs.gif

sounds like foxes to me. When we had coyotes they took it all, no mess. But a fox is smaller he's gotta kill it first,(quite a mess) then haul it off. A pack of coons will destroy a coop in a hurry too. I hate hearing that, but on a brighter note Happy Huntin'.

Back
Top Bottom