There really is an Easter Bunny!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bizzeeb60, Apr 1, 2009.

1. bizzeeb60

bizzeeb60 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2008
    Frostproof, FL
    I just could not resist posting this. [email protected]@K what I found in the Chicken coop on Monday evening when I went to collect eggs from my ladies...

[​IMG]

He was under the nesting box! He was just a baby, fit right in the palm of my hand.

I guess he was getting an early start on gathering up "Easter Eggs". Of course I don't think the hens were too happy he was in there.

I caught the little guy and released him back into the pasture. Then double checked around the coop to make sure whatever hole he squeezed into was fixed! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    Awwww, he is really cute.

We have a free range bunny who lives in the pasture with the ducks and geese. They all get along great.

My neighbor calls him "Round-Up Rabbit" because he is always running down the driveway behind the geese so it looks like he is herding them. She is writing a children's book about him.

chel

3. bizzeeb60

Apr 8, 2008
    Frostproof, FL
    In my above post the word is not supposed to be Rooster! It is supposed to be [​IMG] [​IMG]

I kept typing [​IMG] but it came out ROOSTER!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  4. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    you are too gushy, i'd have killed and eaten him! rabbit is so delicious and even a small one is enough for me to get full on!

you can call me a barbarian, but i call me an Alaskan native, born to hunt [​IMG]

if i wasn't hungry i'd have kept him. you know, as a pet.

my dad used to trap wild snowshoe hares, pen them up in a large pen until the bred and had babies. when the babies were just old enough he'd take them and we'd keep and raise them for meat & fur, then he'd release the parents out in the woods.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  5. bizzeeb60

Apr 8, 2008
    Frostproof, FL
    Well he was just a baby.

I used to rabbit hunt with my Dad when I was a kid in Michigan. Never have ventured to want to eat the wild rabbits here in Florida. In the north they say don't eat them in warm/hot weather so that just goes to say, would not want to eat them here in this area!

6. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Awwwww.. so cute! I would have kept him. And the dh would have been mad.

what is going on with egg ?

7. AhBee01

AhBee01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    egg
    Yep, it's coming up rooster! Cute bunny!

8. chickens4me

chickens4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    That is so cute! You were so kind to let him go~~especially this time of year!
    [​IMG]

9. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    i got one easter bunny scoping out places to drop his/her eggz for the last two weeks. Drives my dogs nuts.

10. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    How adorable. You did the right thing turning him loose. My experience has been that wild caught rabbits don't live very long in captivity.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by