There so grown up :'( ***lots of pics :)

GlitterKitty

Songster
10 Years
Nov 21, 2009
Hello
smile.png
I was out taking pictures of the "teens" this morning. These are my first chicks that I ever had, and the majority of them came from Meyer Hatchery with the exception of two Cochins which I got locally. But anyways here are the chickies! (And of course the other hens out there didn't want to miss out on having their picture taken!)

So here is Cora my Barred Plymouth Rock, she is the friendliest of them all and loves to come sit by me
smile.png

44812_theregrowingup_012.jpg

Then this is Farrah, my black bantam Cochin who happens to have gold lacing on her neck. She is a sweet little one and very smart.
44812_theregrowingup_045.jpg

And my puffy cheeked Easter Egger, Marigold. Marigold used to be very outgoing but since I moved them out to the big coop she has withdrawn some. She's extremely curious of everything
big_smile.png

44812_theregrowingup_022.jpg

The my mixed bantam Rainy, is constantly broody and wouldn't go out of the coop to play with everyone else so this is what she did while the chicks were out:
44812_theregrowingup_017.jpg

And an up close look at Rainy:
44812_theregrowingup_009.jpg

And also this one when I kicked her off the nest, I love her little hairy legs xD
44812_theregrowingup_004.jpg

Here is little Speckled Sussex Zeus... who magically turned into a boy
roll.png
tongue.png

44812_theregrowingup_032.jpg

And Lavender the Welsummer
smile.png
She likes to eat people... when I hand out food, while all the other chicks go for the food, she wants my fingers! And she is very bratty but I love her anyways
tongue.png

44812_theregrowingup_026.jpg

And Chenoa who is a Sumatra. Chenoa is very shy and mysterious. She doesn't hang out with the other chicks all the time and likes to be able to do her own thing. Compared to what most people say about Sumatra's, I think Chenoa is very docile
smile.png
And she is such the sweetie pie
smile.png

44812_theregrowingup_027.jpg

And here's Mable, a buff bantam Cochin. I think she looks like a pigeon in this picture xD
44812_theregrowingup_029.jpg

And Mable again:
44812_theregrowingup_030.jpg

And little Marigold checking out the nest boxes
smile.png

44812_theregrowingup_023.jpg

Zeus taking a nap Zzzzz
44812_theregrowingup_035.jpg

Feeding Frenzy
44812_theregrowingup_019.jpg

Lavender looking at something that I couldn't see...
idunno.gif

44812_theregrowingup_033.jpg

And does anyone else have a problem with flies? I do but then I got this fly tape
love.gif

44812_theregrowingup_018.jpg

The onto some of the big chickens:
This is Claire a mixed banty
44812_theregrowingup_005.jpg

And Chloe, a red sex link:
44812_theregrowingup_006.jpg

And Tinkerbell, Chloe's "sister". They are debeaked, we didn't do it, and I never would. But don't worry! It may look bad, but these girls are the friendliest chickens ever, and they both get along just fine!
44812_theregrowingup_007.jpg

Primrose, another mixed bantam. She goes broody alot and this morning I thought she was trying again, so I kicked her outta the nest box and later on I see she was just laying an egg... oops
tongue.png

44812_theregrowingup_039.jpg

Chloe's feathers
smile.png

44812_theregrowingup_002.jpg

Red, my mutt roo who is such the little cuddler and an overall sweet boy. I put him in with the chicks last week to see what he would do, and he LOVED them. He followed them around, ate with them, and tried to mate them.. but if the objected he listened politley and simply walked away. I love this handsome boy!
love.gif

44812_theregrowingup_036.jpg

And my favorite picture of them all is Chenoa's toes. I love them! I don't know why either...
44812_theregrowingup_034.jpg

And I forgot! Last night I took the baby pics!
Lily the silkie (unsure of gender and color)
44812_insurancevideo_018.jpg

Comet the other silkie (again gender and color unsure)
44812_insurancevideo_014.jpg

And Emily Rose (unsure of gender) who hatched a week ago from Red and one of those bantams
tongue.png

44812_insurancevideo_016.jpg

Oh! The babies are 1 week old and the "teens" are 11 weeks old. The only chickens not pictured were Lacey and Athena but visit my page if you wanna see them!
tongue.png

Thanks for looking!

The Silkie look like whites.
All very cool pics, most of my chickens are skiddish around me, they'll circle around me looking for food, then once I try and pet one they all run away. That is all except Buffin my little girl!
love.gif

011.jpg

Quote:
They can eat fine out of dish or the feeder fine, it's a littler harder for them to pick things up when free ranging though. I feel bad for them too
sad.png
But there's nothing I can do... I bought them off craigslist that way. But they are at the top of the pecking order so no one picks on them.

Quote:
Thanks!
smile.png
I was thinking white because of the wing feathers coming in, but then their fluff is buffish.

What a beautiful flock! I'm jealous. And I just love Primrose, she's adorable.

Also, must compliment you on your photography! You have some lovely pictures in there.

Back
Top Bottom