There's a Crow...

ajohannamc

In the Brooder
Jun 29, 2019
Huntington, NY
Yeah, there's a crow in my backyard and he's tormenting my dogs just flying around and perching on the roof cawing at them. Is there any way to deter him from coming into our backyard? Because at the moment its 8 in the morning and the dogs are barking up a storm outside because of this guy. Now they're inside all whining and barking when he comes close to the door. Any ideas?​

Yeah, there's a crow in my backyard and he's tormenting my dogs just flying around and perching on the roof cawing at them. Is there any way to deter him from coming into our backyard? Because at the moment its 8 in the morning and the dogs are barking up a storm outside because of this guy. Now they're inside all whining and barking when he comes close to the door. Any ideas?​
No. There is probably a nest nearby and that is why he is so aggressive. I am guessing that once the babies are hatched and gone, the crow will leave the dogs alone.

There was a blue jay that tormented my Siamese cat. She could be trying to take a nap and that bird would dive bomb her and make her life miserable. One day I came home and there was just this pile of blue feathers in the yard. I am not suggesting you do anything to the crow. I just mentioned this because I thought it was funny.

I've never seen a method of driving away a crow that actually works. So (in my experience) unless you can kill the crow, he's going to keep coming back until he's bored of his little game (or until she's hatched out her nest.) Killing seems a bit drastic to me when the simpler solution is to tell your dogs to shut up.

Think of it as a training opportunity? Or just shoot the crow?

Back
Top Bottom