theres allways a bully.. Updated

I know this seems like a horrible question but someone once mentioned that chickens do better in larger groups do you think this is happening cause I only have 3 of them? /choke,,,,, should I get more along with the red heat lamp tammrow to minize stress if they like to be together? and Should i take attila back and get another one or will someone else become a bully instead.?

Now I almost feel sorry for Atilla after he ate a ton of egg and had some water he noticed that there wasnt anyone else around and has been panic?? Peeping for almost 5 minutes now..

On Friday I purchased a dozen chicks -- 3 barred rock, 3 RIR and 6 Araucanas. The smallest barred rock is my meany too! She wants to peck the eyes of all the other chicks. He's hurt two in the eye area (1 Araucana and 1 RIR) but only superficially and they are healing. But I just had to partition a section of the brooder box off with some cardboard and tape and stick the meany barred rock in there by herself. She tweeted alot at first but she got over it and is now in lock down in chicky jail. I'm going to keep her separate from the others for a while because I don't want her hurting the other 11 chicks. I have the light so that it will shine in both sides of the brooder box so she's plenty warm. She's got her own food and water too.

Don't chance putting your meany back in with the others. Keep her separated for a while.

Why not have some fun while you stop the little pecker from hammering the other chicks. I put "Pinless Peepers" on my chicks and added a little decoration of my own just for fun. All my girls are getting feathered up and when the run is done and they have less stress, I'll remove them.

17397_googleeyegirl.gif

17397_sleepyfoureyes.gif

17397_saywhat.gif

17397_sadgirl.gif

17397_pinkeye.gif

17397_easterbonnet.gif

See the movies! Just click the link below to my site.

The sick chick who I decided to name peter so he woudnt die without a name passed away a few minutes ago.
Atilla and Red <cant keep calling that one the chick science everyone else got a name> are still standing on ether side of there divider peeping and peeping and peeping and peeping ...
This is what i get for giveing in and getting cute fuzz balls next time Ill get a fish.

Oh so sorry Gabrielle.... but we have to remember that it is nature and that these little animals are just that way with each other. I hope that your other two are ok. P.S. -- fish don't give you eggs for breakfast so you'll be happier with the chickens!

Back
Top Bottom