Thermostat Question......

KDbeads

Songster
10 Years
Aug 20, 2009
East Central VA
The part that hubby had ordered for me, once it finally got here, would have been great.... except it didn't reach 100 degrees
he.gif
So we returned it.

So I'm looking at wiring up a water heater thermostat, this is what I could find locally:
http://www.stylefeeder.com/i/5kjc9rrw/Am-Water-Heater-Elements-6900802-Lower-Thermostat

I know I've read that there's an $8 one or something close but this is the cheapest I can pick up here in 'town'. Can this be used or does it have to be one of the upper thermostats with 8 or so connections?
Want to know before I open the package.... I can get the other one tomorrow if needed, it's just $10 more. Don't get too technical with instructions on wiring..... electricity isn't my forte
hide.gif

I've got a water heater thermostat like that one. It didn't work that well for me.

I switched out to a wafer thermostat (#3122) from Randall Burkey. The water heater thermostat was swinging 2-3 degrees each way. The wafer swings about half a degree up or down.

I don't know what you'd do with 8 connections. Mine just has two.

Once you get the right thermostat, get a fan going so you don't have some spots hotter that others.

Thats what ya need just make sure you mount it really close to the heater. The farther it is from the heater, the faster the incubator heats up from a cold start but the closer it is to the heater, the more stable the temp is once it is up an running.

I'm planning on about 2 inches from the bulb right where the airflow from the fan will come across. That should be a good place to start, yes? And I just split off one wire from the cord, cut, and attach to the terminals correct?

Back
Top Bottom