These Chickens Are Killing Me !!!!!

Quote:
I have to laugh to keep from crying. Oh, and did I mention I'm accident prone. Tuesday my 30" metal tape measure fell 6 ft onto the top of my head and yesterday I fell off my ladder. I was only about 4 ft up but I'm not as young as I used to be and I don't bounce as high as I did when I was younger. I'll be feeling both of those for a few days.

Lorain...........I have the same problem with those little winged stinging creatures. The wife bought some skeeter spray from the store and it's been my saving grace. I spray every morning before I start, and after lunch. When I wash my hands for lunch I have to remember to spray my wrist again or in 20 minutes my wrist start swelling and I can't work for scratching. Deet don't taste good but to me a necessary evil. And I'm one of those with a shiny head and I spray it too.

Great job!! The chickies look very happy. Do you do side work? I could use a 3rd coop. Somehow, my husband says he doesn't need another project...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

You will never regret taking the time to do everything so well. Thanks for putting up pictures. They are inspiring.

thumbsup.gif

Been there done that...but it is an on going process,, I always find something else I want to fix or add too even now that they are in their coop and run and out of the brooder. But don't get discouraged it is WELL WORTH IT.. Not just for the eggs but for their company and the satisfaction of it all. I bring in just 3 eggs so far out of 16 "girls" everyday and I am so excited and my husband looks at me like I'm crazy. I tell him they are more precious to me than diamonds... They represent hard work and dedication on our part and of course on the chickens part. So just take one day at a time easy does it and enjoy...
wee.gif

lol.png
It's so true the coop building takes longer then you think--just ask my dear husband.
The pressure to get them out of the house sure helps though...and now it's ready for newbies too!
...well almost there are few things we want to add and will as the pressure is on...nesting boxes and a different feeding system.

So glad chickens adapt to what you give them to meet their needs!

Keep clucking!

Just looked at your coop--B-E-A-U-tiful!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom