These dang little chicks just make my heart all warm and fuzzy...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by tiffanyg2, May 5, 2011.

1. tiffanyg2

tiffanyg2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    SC
    Haha- So I found myself 3 more baby Buff Orpington Pullets yesterday about 3 weeks old. They already have feathers coming in. When I picked them out of this bunch I was trying to be so careful~ examining them trying not to accidently pick out any more roo's [​IMG] They were all freaking out not wanting my hand to grab them and I felt so bad, Haha tormenting the store guy I'm sure. I waited slowly till they calmed down and would pick one out and go for it and gently pick her up. And mind you I did this all three times! And I even changed my mind on one of them after studying them again in the store to make sure I didn't see any roo characteristics, I thought maybe it could have been one (paranoia kicking in)... Ohhh it couldn't possilbly happen again right? Haha [​IMG] And so I have these 3 cute little additions to the family, and I was a little nervous because they are older that they might be a little afraid of us. So I told the kids to stay back from them and let me spend a few days with them. Well last night I decided to lay on the couch and put a towel down and cuddle with those little chicks. And when I opened the door on the cage low and behond they came jumping out to me!!! [​IMG] Almost as if they wered saying Pick ME Pick ME! Haha So I grabbed all three and I layed on the couch and they nestled up against me and we all fell asleep~ I woke up at 5:30am and they were all still sleeping next to me!! How can it be so easy to fall in love~ [​IMG]

I just thought I'd share my moment with the newest family members~ cause it was special!!!!

2. Chick15

Chick15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    awwwwww... how sweet.......... I wish my chicks would do that with me.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by