These poor chickens...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickenraiser24, Dec 19, 2015.

1. chickenraiser24

chickenraiser24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2015
    I have a friend who is with his sister who is in the hospital. He admits that he has not been caring for his three pullets. He wants me to find them a new home. I went over to take care of his chickens. They have been locked in a coop with no food and water. They love me, especially since I added a heater. What would you do?
    (Sorry, no pictures. They hate the camera)

2. Hermit House

Hermit House Out Of The Brooder

Dec 17, 2015
    Vadsby, Denmark
    Take em home with you.

1 person likes this.
  3. chickenraiser24

Aug 15, 2015
    I can't. City ordinance only lets me have 3 chickens. It might be possible to foster them until they are adopted, but I am not sure I want to risk it. One pullet looks like she may have frostbite.

4. Hermit House

Dec 17, 2015
    Vadsby, Denmark
    Well poo, that's a shame. Any friends you might be able to convince?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  5. chickenraiser24

Aug 15, 2015
    Well, I know someone who has a large farm. He might be able to adopt them. He loves animals, but he is gone until January. For the friend who the chickens belong to, I am buying feed and heaters. All coming out of my pocket! I will continue to take care of them every other day. I could foster for a week, but I will only do that if I absolutely have to.

6. tjo804

tjo804 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2014
    Cedar Creek, Texas
  7. chickenraiser24

Aug 15, 2015
    I might just take them home. Everyone I know who could adopt them is busy until January. They are beautiful birds. Very nice. I just want them in good hands! They were close to dead when I saw them. They were obviously dehydrated.

8. Hermit House

Dec 17, 2015
    Vadsby, Denmark
    That must have been heartbreaking. Poor little critters.I hope you find a suitable solution.

9. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Yep,that's what I would do too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by