These poor chickens...

chickenraiser24

Chirping
Aug 15, 2015
I have a friend who is with his sister who is in the hospital. He admits that he has not been caring for his three pullets. He wants me to find them a new home. I went over to take care of his chickens. They have been locked in a coop with no food and water. They love me, especially since I added a heater. What would you do?
(Sorry, no pictures. They hate the camera)

I can't. City ordinance only lets me have 3 chickens. It might be possible to foster them until they are adopted, but I am not sure I want to risk it. One pullet looks like she may have frostbite.

Well, I know someone who has a large farm. He might be able to adopt them. He loves animals, but he is gone until January. For the friend who the chickens belong to, I am buying feed and heaters. All coming out of my pocket! I will continue to take care of them every other day. I could foster for a week, but I will only do that if I absolutely have to.

I might just take them home. Everyone I know who could adopt them is busy until January. They are beautiful birds. Very nice. I just want them in good hands! They were close to dead when I saw them. They were obviously dehydrated.

Back
Top Bottom