1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

these toys ok?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by 688peterl, Dec 12, 2009.

1. 688peterl

688peterl Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
  2. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    as long as the parrot toy does not have the calcium blocks on it, or will not come apart, the ducks can try them... Now as to whether or not they'll like them, is completely up to the duck. lol. ducks are finicky animals and while one may love a certain toy, another won't touch it.

It's also best to have several toys you can switch out. By switching the toys every week or so, it keeps things fresh and new for them.

3. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

my ducks LOVE fresh straw, especially when it's stuck together right from the bale... they wibble their noses in it, keeps them occupied for a long time! Also, they love when I pour a bucket of water on the ground, stick their noses right in too... and it's cheap too!

4. 688peterl

688peterl Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    those ducks are so dumb [​IMG] i just put a toy crab in the run for them and they were terrified! i have never seen them move so fast!

5. eggybritches

eggybritches Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    Quote:That's what makes ducks so smart!

Ducks are 100% prey. Anything new is terrifying and very likely to eat them.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by