These were supposed to be 2 barred rock pullets?

pj_elia

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 1, 2008
Northern NJ
This looks like a BR but is it a pullet?
12632_img_5079_large.jpg

Not sure what this bird is. I thought is was a pullet early on but now it looks like it could be a pea combed roo?? Is it a mutt ??
12632_img_5074_large.jpg

The second doesn't look anything like a BR- the dark legs in addition to the feathers...but what is it???

Both look sweet, though, and the first is as-billed.

I got them from someone on craigslist. I also noticed she's a member at BYC but I'm not sure what her ID is. She not the breeder, just the hatcher. I also got this crazy looking mutt roo which is from her stock.

12632_img_5081_large.jpg

Here's another shot of the black one.
12632_img_5073_large.jpg

I'm glad you guys think they're pullets.

That roo is a definate mutt, but its growing super fast. Definately going to be a large bird. He may end up as dinner.

hi, I think you got them from me lol. Although I can not remember there have been over 20 sales now you got 3 from me??? The BR I hatched from eggs I got from a byc member, The mutt is a light Brahma EE mix If you go to my page you can see the light Brahma and roo (borrowed time) that sired it. It will grow big and fast and is a great meat bird. They are very hard to sex when young and I probably thought it was a pullet. Sorry!

The 2nd one might be an ee/ Americanas I am not sure either I might have grabbed it thinking I was grabbing a BR, I am trying to remember but cant
sad.png

I need to keep better records apparently.

please pm me if you are unhappy or would like me to replace the EE. Although my BR have since been through a cocci battle and are on their last few days of meds. But are all healthy again.

Last edited:
Am I wrong in thinking that BR only have yellow legs? I've seen a lot of posts lately where folks ask about a barred chick and someone says "Barred Rock" but the chick has black or greenish legs...is it just me?

Back
Top Bottom