They are growing so fast

ShaggysGirl

Songster
10 Years
May 24, 2009
Temperance, MI
Hi guys,
My babies are about 2 weeks old and already jumping on their food dispensers and trying to fly.I had to put some chicken wire on the top to keep them in.
Last night when I got home from work I picked some spinach and leaf lettuce from our garden tied them to a string and hung it in their brooder. first they ran to the opposite corner then one brave soul walked over and made some strange noises at it...lol then a few did peck it. Then they seemed to lose interest in it. This morning when I checked on them it was all down and mostly eaten
big_smile.png
Between tonight and tomorrow we are going to section off a area in the big coop for them and start keeping them out there. Wish us luck
smile.png

Here are a few pictures of them. I'll be posting some of what we did in the coop soon.

This one I call Henry Hawk
32279_p1020397.jpg

The one with the black outline on the eyes I named Cleo
32279_p1020395.jpg

Group pic
32279_p1020384.jpg

This one has her mouth open a lot of the time but seems ok
32279_p1020396.jpg

Another group pic.
32279_p1020401.jpg

They Do seem to grow so fast as chicks, but in about another mmonth or so you will be wondering "when are these girls EVER gonna give me some eggs!" 3-5 months age period seems to really drag out when you are waiting on your first eggs from them, lol! You have some real cuties there, spoil em rotten like you've been doing!
thumbsup.gif

Aww I miss the fuzy butts. Mine are 4 weeks and almost fully feathers. Wait till yours get that old. I have one that flies to the top of the brooder everyday now. The side of my brooder are 3 feet high.

Your pictures are great!

Mine are about the same age - got them June 4.

We've been putting ours in their run for brief periods for the last week, but the coop won't be finished for a few more weeks - I'll be interested to hear how it goes as you transition yours.

Mine jump on top of their feeder, too
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom