They are ready... But I am NOT!

CritterHill

Crowing
15 Years
Feb 3, 2008
SE PA
My bunch of 5 week olds have been spending the days out in the coop and then coming in to sleep in the brooder since the fortifications are not quite complete yet.

Well, I was a little late getting out to bring them in today and found them all asleep on the 6 foot high roosts!

Oh they were so mad when I put them back into the brooder! There was quite a bit of angry peeping! But Maaaaa, we ARE big chickens now HONEST!

I am going to have to have DH nail the pop door shut and put hardware cloth over the windows tomorrow...

I am sad to see them grow up. But getting the giant stinking brooder out of my living room wouldn't be so bad!

They grow up so fast, don't they? One minute they're tiny little fuzz butts and the next they're teenagers that have their own ideas!!
lol.png

My husband has it marked on our calendar when the chicks ought to be able to spend their first night outside. I however am not quite ready for my chicks to leave the nest, so to speak. They NEED me, don't they?!
wink.png
So, I agree - while it would be nice to have a little cleaner spot in the house again, I feel hesitant to leave them be at night in the big girls coop.

Back
Top Bottom