They are ready... But I am NOT!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by CritterHill, Jun 2, 2008.

1. CritterHill

CritterHill Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    SE PA
    My bunch of 5 week olds have been spending the days out in the coop and then coming in to sleep in the brooder since the fortifications are not quite complete yet.

Well, I was a little late getting out to bring them in today and found them all asleep on the 6 foot high roosts!

Oh they were so mad when I put them back into the brooder! There was quite a bit of angry peeping! But Maaaaa, we ARE big chickens now HONEST!

I am going to have to have DH nail the pop door shut and put hardware cloth over the windows tomorrow...

I am sad to see them grow up. But getting the giant stinking brooder out of my living room wouldn't be so bad!

2. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    They grow up so fast, don't they? One minute they're tiny little fuzz butts and the next they're teenagers that have their own ideas!! [​IMG]

3. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    My husband has it marked on our calendar when the chicks ought to be able to spend their first night outside. I however am not quite ready for my chicks to leave the nest, so to speak. They NEED me, don't they?! [​IMG] So, I agree - while it would be nice to have a little cleaner spot in the house again, I feel hesitant to leave them be at night in the big girls coop.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by