They aren't laying yet!

Quote:
Thanks! We are trying so hard to be patient. We have been wanting one more, a rooster. But I think I may buy a laying hen instead so I can get it out of my system.

I have been being patient buts its slightly hard
tongue.png
I have never owned chickens before Im excited to go in the coop and see that first egg! lol I have one hen whom seems to be maturing (the red on her face has started to turn bright red and shes become a MAJOR sweetheart.. She has start sitting in my lap and last night she was up in a tree when it was time for them to go to bed and my hubby got her down and set her in the coop at which time she squatted infront of him.) Im hoping she lays soon
smile.png
Either that or shes in MAJOR love with my hubby rofl
lau.gif

Well I decided to get a laying hen. I lady near us is selling us one of her silkies for $5. Hopefully we"ll have an egg from her in the next few days:lol:

Lucky Lucky you
tongue.png
I have to patiently wait for mine to lay lol...Grrrr:barnie
he.gif
th.gif
Im hoping soon though.. One of them is getting a bright red comb and the skin around her face is turning bright red... So Im hoping lol:fl:fl

*Sigh* I will post a pic of my first egg as soon as it arrives
smile.png
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Last edited:
We have eggs!!!!! I just went and cleaned the coop in preparation for the new hen and there were 3 eggs!!!! My daughter has been "checking" everyday, but missed them. They were inside a nest box and hidden if you were to just glance. I am soooooo excited!!! Wanna see a pic and take a guess who laid it?

Last edited:
Here they are. We have 3 EEs, a buff Orpington and a Barred Rock. I think they are from the Barred Rock because the comb is the biggest and Reddest. The Buff Orpington has a comb also, but it is smaller and not as red. The EEs have nothing.
2vt7ac4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom