They don't know what to make of the first snow, PIC

trunkman

Songster
10 Years
Dec 26, 2009
Rock Hill SC
My 11 nine month old hens don't know what to make of the snow, or maybe just don't like it, 5 of them came out and two minutes later when I went back out to take a pic of how they liked it I found they didn't, they were all back in except for these two and even they seemed upset bawking and clucking away as though they were saying snow, snow go away!!
D.gif
46124_12262_007.jpg

Mine hate the snow and will stay in for days. Wait until they see what we will be getting over the next day! They won't be happy campers!
big_smile.png

24731_p1010010.jpg

"uhhhh… what's with the white stuff? Hey there fella, can you do some more shoveling over there and while you're at it, lay down some of that brown stuff!"

24731_p1010009.jpg

"snowthanks!"

Last edited:
My hens despise the snow. Won't even touch it. They wait for me to come and pick them up and carry them to their destination. SILLY HENS!!!!!!

After a snowstorm last week and six inches of snow on the ground, I let my hybrids and EE out to free-range a bit. The rooster gleefully led them out. He led them all in a circle around the cedar tree on the other side of the driveway and promptly back into the run where he gave me a look that said, "What's all this white stuff? Where's the grass?"

Too Funny! When I let the girls out yesterday morning, it was just starting to flurry (in NC). Several of them started their usual foraging tour, with most of them going back to the coop/ covered run as the snow starting sticking--except for 4 of the Amber Links. By 2 o'clock though, they were at the office window, under the boxwoods by the house raising cane! They weren't sure what the several inches of cold white stuff was that I had put on the yard, but they were terribly UNHAPPY about it & wanted everyone to know. I had to CARRY them back to the run! LOL! Rain doesn't phase them, snow---now that's a different story!

There's also a post on here w/ pics of a woman who shoveled a path through the snow for her chooks. Pretty cute & funny photos.
Sadly, we dont get much snow here. My girls will never know the displeasure it would bring them.
sad.png

Mine don't like walking in it either. We have had snow on the ground off and on for a few weeks now. We got rain earlier in the week so that opened up some clear patches on the ground. They went out yesterday and just had a ball jumping from one clear space to the next.
lol.png

mine havent gone out since early last week . we got a storm with 6 inches of snow on thursday and a big storm on its way tonight into tommorow they are saying 10 to 14 inches here, yippee.

Back
Top Bottom