They Don't Want to Be Eaten!

Awwwwww, I would say sell them. Before it's too late!

I think so too! I mean, I wouldn't eat adorable chicks! Sell them, and when your kids get older or even now, you can visit them and see how they are doing! I still eat chicken but not my own flock.
smile.png

I don't think I would want to be eaten either.....
D.gif

I think so too! I mean, I wouldn't eat adorable chicks! Sell them, and when your kids get older or even now, you can visit them and see how they are doing! I still eat chicken but not my own flock.
smile.png

D.gif
Unfortunately, the meat birds we have are Cornish Rock Crosses. They would not live much past 6 months to a year, anyway.

smile.png

D.gif
If the chickens were sold, just exactly what do you think the new owner would do with them? Cornish X chickens are bred for meat. Period. They really aren't good for anything else. They grow very fast, convert feed to flesh very efficiently, and they are not very long lived. As for visiting them to see how they are doing, that really isn't an option. After a few weeks or months they would be dead. If they weren't in the freezer they would have died on their own. Some people have kept Cornish X alive for an extended period, but it isn't easy. In my opinion it isn't worth it either. If you want a pet chicken do not get a Cornish X.

I'm afraid my 6 year old daughter would react the same way. lol
We are starting our flock this year with layers, as she loves omnomnomlettes.
I say, give him time to process the thought of eating them and have another talk in awhile which you remind him that these kind of birds just don't live very long. That it's almost like their job to get fat quick and sacrifice themselves for our dinner table.

Then when the time is right, cook those suckers up and dine on them with or without the kid. lol
Good luck

I'm afraid my 6 year old daughter would react the same way. lol
We are starting our flock this year with layers, as she loves omnomnomlettes.
I say, give him time to process the thought of eating them and have another talk in awhile which you remind him that these kind of birds just don't live very long. That it's almost like their job to get fat quick and sacrifice themselves for our dinner table.

Then when the time is right, cook those suckers up and dine on them with or without the kid. lol
Good luck
Yes, My son can't wait to eat the eggs from the RIRs we got for laying birds. omnomnomlettes is amazing. Such a fun word.

Back
Top Bottom