They Hatched! Now, what color will they be?

Silkies are definitely one of the trickiest breeds to sex. So I'd say post pics when they're six weeks at the youngest. I can't get over how cute they are! :love

Thanks so much. Will do! I can't get over even at 3 days old how cuddly they are compared to the rest of the bunch. I definitely see why they get the reputation for being good pets...

Is it!?
I was getting suspicious lately about that.
Actually it makes sense because Silkie (her/his name) has always been very confident and never had the personality I’ve heard Silkies have; bottom of the pecking order, picked on, etc.

What are the signs?

He is so beautiful! I didn't realize you could have a partridge silkie. Hopefully you don't mind (and can keep) a roo, because he is just lovely!

Thanks so much. Will do! I can't get over even at 3 days old how cuddly they are compared to the rest of the bunch. I definitely see why they get the reputation for being good pets...

No problem :D
Post pics when they're six weeks and I'll be able to start determining their gender.

He is so beautiful! I didn't realize you could have a partridge silkie. Hopefully you don't mind (and can keep) a roo, because he is just lovely!
Oh I’ll be keeping him no matter what. I simply adore my Silkie! :love
I also have 3 other cockerels :th
Two Naked Neck boys and a bantam Cochin.
All four are 4 months old now and were raised together.

Back
Top Bottom