They killed my babies... and got away with it. :(

It sounds like you need to press charges. If charges are not filed the 17 year learns nothing - and is likely to do it again.

Forcing him to take responsibily would hopefully make him think twice before victimizing someone else.

He is a very good teacher. He is just looking after 70 students is all. And this is his busiest time of year, he spends almost all of his time planning stuff. He is a little over-whelmed and so he has hired another teacher to help with the work load to keep things like this from happening again.

I also wrote on the bored in big nasty letters: DO NOT TAKE CHICKEN EGGS UNLESS YOU OWN A CHICKEN.

So people can get the picture.

Document everything and file a claim in Small Claims Court. Ask for restitution and punitive damages. You really need to do this for ever so many reasons. They won't think it's so funny when they find out there are consequences. By the way, you can sue the kid himself, not just his parents. You have to renew the suit every year until he reaches majority, which in this case is a year. Go to the courthouse and get the necessary papers. There are probably books available on Amazon.com and the library on filing in Small Claims that will help you with your case.

I totally agree that you should pursue pressing charges-otherwise that person will just continue taking whatever he feels that he wants for the rest of his life.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your eggs-if things like eggs and chicks are consistently disappearing, perhaps there needs to be some more accountability or certain hours only where there is some type of supervision?

You have a school board that needs informed and the police. I think they have them some place, why would to hatch chicks disappear, too. And if he in Ag he knows about show chickens. That just doesn't wash.

Quote:
I know in my state, you could not get punitive damages for this type of case....BUT, that is NOT why I posted......I am trying to contain myself.

I am SO SICK AND TIRED of a certain "type" of "modern" parent! The kids can do nothing wrong and are not taught manner, consequences or even what is right and wrong. There is an air of entitlement and narcissism. This certainly fits into that category.

Taking something that doesn't belong to you, just because you can "get away with it" is NOT acceptable behavior in our society...and that's where I will stop....or I won't be ABLE to stop.

I'm so sorry. Guess you need to post rules and have parents sign that they have read, understand and have gone over the rules with the children. ....PLUS everything above.
somad.gif
rant.gif

By the way, you can sue the kid himself, not just his parents.

17 yr olds have been charged with murder and sent to prison, you can file charges directly against him. As an ag student, he should know not to mess with a hen hatching eggs. I hope she got him good!

I am SO SICK AND TIRED of a certain "type" of "modern" parent! The kids can do nothing wrong and are not taught manner, consequences or even what is right and wrong. There is an air of entitlement and narcissism. This certainly fits into that category.

Agreed. Kids have much more freedom and much less responsibility today. He really does need to be held accountable for his behavior; ag is a learning program, not a help-yourself-to-breasfast program. Persue it to the fullest extent of the law and pull your birds out. Don't want to risk dumb, careless, irresponsible kids that can't be trusted, or respectful, with your chickens.​

Hi- I agree with all the posts that say get the police involved. BUT, NOT ONLY THAT, I would get the Ag teacher involved and if that doesn't help go to the principle. The squeeky wheel gets the grease. You may run acrossed people down playing the situation. But keep making noise and you should get someones help. When I was in school, I was in ag too. We had an ag dept with alot of animals. We had problems with feed BEING STOLEN. The teacher is the one in charge! He is the one that is ultimately responsible for all that goes on in that department. If need be, no one should be out there unless they are supervised by a teacher or something to that effect. I am really sorry for your loss. Unfortunatly, there are people out there that ruin the good time for everyone by just being dumb and inconsiderate! I hope you get your compansation, oh by the way you should write him a bill and demand payment! Good luck!!!!

Back
Top Bottom