They like me... they really like me!

big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

I've been taking my 4 wk olds outside for playtime every day. They usually peck around for about 15 minutes, then it's time to hop/fly up on my knee and rest.

how old are they? i really want to start giving mine treats but they are only 1 week old, and since they are my first ever chicks I don't want to do anything stupid accidentally! I think the treats will help them like getting picked up better though. they are sweet once I pick them up (they get all cuddly and fall asleep), but they are hard to get a hold of!

I'm thinking that mama hens probably feed babies things other than starter chick feed though
tongue.png
so maybe tiny tiny grubs or something would be acceptable?

You can leave a piece of bread out to let it dry - then break it into fine crumbs they love this! Be sue to call "Chick Chick Chick when you have the treat and while they peck at it... they'll associate with that call for the long haul which comes in handy when you want to call them in before they're ready later in life...
Quote:

Beautiful babies
love.gif
. Ours are 5 days old and watching them is amazing. Two in particular go nuts running around in the brooder when they hear my voice
celebrate.gif
and when I dip my fingers in water then their food, you think they where just given the biggest treat in the world.
clap.gif

oh thanks! I will definately try that. One of them has started to get friendly with just chick feed mixed with a lil water, but hopefully the other two will finally settle down with the bread crumbs! I tried giving them super finely chopped scrambled egg the other day, and it wasn't their favorite "/

Back
Top Bottom