They need lights?

I have lots of window space and "indirect light." https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=35063

Of course, I have also come to the conclusion that our girls are spoiled rotten.

I like the idea of a solar light....but also need power for the electric fence changer and outlets for yard work in that area. I tried to plan the long term needs. I recommend that if if one can do it all in one fell swoop..

Last edited:
Quote:
Well yes, I'm sure they will become accustomed to any routine you establish even if that routine is a pain in the behind for their owner
wink.png

Quote:
Yep I have a window in my coop. Could be too small tought. Humm and that could be the reason.
Will have to check that.

Thanks
smile.png

Quote:
Humm I have a couple of those lying around the garage it looks like a un-expensive idea
smile.png

Thanks

Last edited:
Quote:
I have electrical power in my coop that was one of the worries when I build it
wink.png
but the solar option kind of seems more "economical" friendly
wink.png

I've read of people solving this instantly by simply adding a window near the roost so they can sit on the roost and look out.

I've been having the same issue with mine. Yesterday at Target I found a string of small globe lights with a separate solar panel... I'm going to put the solar panel on the roof of the external nest box, and loop the lights around inside the coop. I couldn't use a normal landscape light because they all have integrated solar panels, and I would have had to cut a hole in my coop.

Quote:
In our situation, we have 4 flocks. And each one has a different bed time. Then I got some solar lights. It worked! The Ducks are a whole nother matter.

Back
Top Bottom