they want me to cut my ducks toes off!!!!! UPDATE!!!!

that is just horrible. are there any other duck owners in your town? or people that care for them? if this happened in my town, all the people that live on my street or walk by would be behind me in how its cruelty. maybe if you can get enough people and prove your point your poor ducks won't have their toes cut off.

Quote:
Reads better when looking at it in the qoute box
ep.gif

Yes there is a DNR toe inspector, thats all he does is check duck toes, what a way to make a living.

Quote:
honestly I dont remember reading that part and I did read the info before but I should have looked into it more, I am often not the best when it comes to fine print. I can say that the application does not have anything about it I am looking at it now.

I wanted the licence so that if my neighbors complained I would be in the clear my runners are noisier than I thought they would be
lol.png

Quote:
Did you see where it says it has to be done before they're 4 weeks old? Maybe your older ones will be exempt from this procedure
fl.gif

Also, you have to read the whole statute carefully from the beginning (the part before what you posted)...see where it says "Each such domestic duck....." What "such" are they referring to? That's where you might find a loophole.

I was thinking the same thing, besides I will not be seelling any anyway at least not any of my adults and my babies are all just over 4 weeks old as well, but I did plan on selling the extras.

I really only plan on selling the quail since I am using the ducks for eggs.

Just when I think I've heard it all another STUPID thing comes along! What the heck is wrong with these people? Someone should cut off their toes and see how they like it!
th.gif

Last edited:
Ok so I just got off the phone with him. Seems on the federal level they have changed this law to allow more humane markings like solid metal bands, and tatoo's. He then said he found out that they intend to change the NY statute but havent gotten around to it yet, but that I may use bands or tatoos if I like
smile.png

ITS A GREAT DAY FOR DUCK TOES!!!!

wee.gif

now I have to order the bands any sugestions?

Back
Top Bottom