They won't come out!

fshinggrl

Songster
10 Years
May 1, 2009
the edge of insanity
I know this has been asked before... but the chicks have had an open door during the day now for 24 hours. (this is the 2nd day of it) One chick ventured out and it probably got out by accident. (Kind of scary counting them inside the coop and ending up with one less with out seeing the 'stray.')

How can I help them discover that the outside isn't a bad world? Course, my dog has some ideas for them, but luckily she isn't out without us! I have put food out on the ramp up/down and some cut strawberries.

I know, give them time. I am just impatient!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm sorry.. they are 5 weeks old. They were moved into the coop last Sunday and I waited until Wednesday to open the door to let them explore. I'm sure it is just a 'give it time' thing. They just seem so content to stay inside.
hu.gif

Ok, I have another brave chicken. (ok, that didn't sound right!)
big_smile.png
It was hiding outside.. turns out I almost kicked it as I was walking in the run. It was just nestled down in there. An EE so perfect camoflauge! So, I have one to get in tonight after the kids go down.

Well, my 2nd brave chicken found her way back in the coop by herself. I am impressed!
This morning I have them some cut up strawberries and put the treat bowl down outside. They are starting to get the hang of it!
29942_img_5249_byc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom