they wont eat!

i think they dranks some water, their bowl was half empty this morning.

i have some chopped up grass in with them. they havent eaten anything yet that i can tell.
they are 2 weeks old, just got them yesterday

From my experience, when they get hungry enough come hell or high water…they will eat. They are most likely stressed from the trip to a new place as well. (Im a noob so wait for one of the BYC Goose Masters to show up)

What are you feeding them and what type of feeder is it in? It very well could be the transition to a new place because geese do get nervous with change. I would just keep an eye on them to make sure they start eating soon and especially that they are drinking.

I have to agree with the transition theory. With the several times that I have brought home my geese, they waited a day or two before eating normal. I did notice though that they did not hesitate on greenery. Also you can boil an egg and crumble it up. All geese love that.

Mine will only eat tender greens when it is chopped up small and floated in there water. This keeps it fresh. I use floating food (Mazuri waterfowl food sold where Purina is sold or check here https://www.mazuri.com/Home.asp?Products=2&Opening=2 ). Its seems to be the natural way to feed. If you don't have floating food at least moisten crumbles (not mash) and feed it near their water. They need water close to eat.

Last edited:
i am feeding them a locally chopped chicken feed ( about 15% protien)
i just witnessed them both drinking... they also dont seem as scared, they arent huddled in the corner. i did chop up some grass and alfalfa and i put it in their water, i hope they will eat it!

thanks for all the advice!

Glad they're eating for you
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom