They won't go in!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by NatureLove11, Dec 15, 2010.

1. NatureLove11

NatureLove11 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 4, 2010
    So my pullets wont go into their egglaying bucket they just pick the wood shavings out from around the fake eggs i have in their. Is there something im doing wrong? [​IMG] Oh and none of them are laying yet i have red and black sexlinks and white leghorns and they are 19-20 wks old.

2. BookWorm243

BookWorm243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    No [​IMG] Mine went thru a faze where they would kick all the bedding out and then lay an egg [​IMG] They should stop doing that once they start laying.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Betcha they are "practicing" in the nesting boxes. They will scratch the shavings around to make it the way they want it. I think you'll get an egg soon.

4. Choco Maran

Choco Maran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Ribera New Mexico
    I put fake eggs in my nest boxes as soon as my hens started to show signs, but they just played football with them. I have broken plastic easter eggs all over their coop. My hens still like to lay on the ground under their boxes but oh well at least they are laying.

5. NatureLove11

NatureLove11 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 4, 2010
    o wow haha glad they aren't doing that but then again they are ceramic or clay or whatever theyre just heavy so they cant really move them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by