They're all finally here. Pictures.

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Orange Ribbon, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Orange Ribbon

Orange Ribbon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Ended up with 11 babies in all. [​IMG] I have to attribute the success mainly to Hot2Pot's great packing techniques. Thanks H2P!

I have dark brown with stripes, light brown and stripes, yellow with stripes, and solid brown backs with yellow bellies. I am trying to guess what colors they will be. Will the yellow in middle picture be whites? I got 2 of those. Is the one in the last picture a tuxedo? I have 3 of those. Dang, I just can't believe I now belong to the elite society of quail owners. Been trying to practice drinking tea with my pinkie sticking out, but keep sticking it up my nose! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. joe125

joe125 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    I don't see any whites in your pictures, but that's OK!
    Looks like a good mix of colors, and congrats on your hatch [​IMG]

3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Congrats on the new babies!! [​IMG]

4. bfrancis

bfrancis Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2010
    Okmulgee Co, Oklahoma
    They look great! How'd the little guy with the jacked up feet/legs end up doing? And to think you didn't think your first one was going to have any friends...eleven sounds like lots of friends to me.

If you got to drink tea with little finger extended to own quail....somebody better come get all mine, 'cause that's never gonna happen! [​IMG] [​IMG] Being an old Army Chief Warrant Officer, its a big mug of coffee here...big enough it takes all my fingers to hold the mug! [​IMG]

5. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    looks like 2 goldens/3 tuxedo and the rest browns

its always fun to have chicks, they grow fast tho so be ready

6. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    So precious! Congratulations on your hatch!!

7. TedJan92_in_Idaho

TedJan92_in_Idaho Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2011
    Cocolalla Idaho
    Congratulations!!
    Mine has already doubled in size. All they do it eat and poop. I have had to change out their bedding everyday and 10 minutes later you can't tell I did it.

8. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:Yours don't sleep??? I just hatched out a bunch and they eat, poop, eat, poop, pass out, hear me, and it's back to eating and pooping!

9. Orange Ribbon

Orange Ribbon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Right now mine sound like somebody is pecking on a teeny tiny typewriter, so it must be chow time. I have two little coke bottle lids in there as drinking pots. It is just the right size for them. They sure do empty them in a hurry though. Might have to go up to a Skoal can or something.

So the yellows are golden. Huh, who'd a guessed? HA! Some tuxedos and browns. That is cool. I'm guessing the whites must come out white.

BFrancis, I'm glad I don't have to pinkie drink to be a quail man. [​IMG] The one that had messed up legs didn't make it. The last two were taking so long to hatch I figured they would be wore out too, so I hatched them out myself. They are doing fine.

10. chrishel

chrishel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    The Windy City
    Whites come out butter yellow with sometimes a spot of brown on the very top of their heads. Sometimes they develop a brown spot on their backs or butts too.

Congrats on your hatch! A nice variety there!

It's too bad the little one with crooked feet didn't make it. I was rooting for him. I had one like that (pipped on the wrong end and I eventually helped him). Mine straightened out in a couple of hours. It's good to know what to do if I should get another chick like that!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by