They're doomed, aren't they?

Thank you ALL soooooooooo much. I have to go to work in a few minutes, and I will do so with a lighter heart thanks to all of you.

Yes, everyone here of an age to understand knows to leave the bator alone. The toddler... is extremely mischievous. He thinks "no" means "not while Mommy's watching."
barnie.gif

I am actually amazed that I've not had it happen before with him in the house. But I guess I need to be more vigilant. Heck, I should probably even worry about the fact that a toddler was messing with electricity. I suppose that's a little more important even than the outcome of this hatch.
wink.png

I am going to leave the incubator closed until Day 10 (help! Six days without candling!!!
ep.gif
), and
fl.gif
everything's okay.

Thank you!

LOL you've got a good panic circuit on you I see... Hang in there. They're right, at four days, it probably didn't do much harm. At 16 days that would be a problem... It certainly was here. The power went out on that hatch for 24 hours. Ugh. One survivor.

Would have been more if I had understood how weak cold chicks were and that they needed help out due to the cooling. But that was my first incubation. Didn't understand much then.

Take deep breaths. And with a toddler like that, never let him see you candle eggs, or crack or help one. Or he'll be trying it on his own when your back is turned.

Somebody slap me. I couldn't help myself. I just candled all the eggs again.
smack.gif

BUT: All but one have obvious veining--better veining than they had last night around 8 pm, before the pulled power cord incident. SOOO... that's really good, right? I mean, they wouldn't continue to develop veining if they were doomed, right? They had to have done all that today, since the incubator was turned off shortly after (I'm assuming) the candling last night...

One was highly questionable--it had a small *something* apparently floating in it--didn't look good--but obviously nothing is conclusive just yet. I'll just continue to watch it.

Thanks for all the support, guys. I gotta run (again), but this means so much to me.
smile.png

P.S. The toddler already understands about cracking eggs, alas! He does it every time he can get his hands on any eggs, much to my dismay. He once dropped an entire basket of hatching eggs--over a dozen eggs!--on the floor, breaking every single one. So far, he can't get to the incubator, but he's always learning new things so... I try to keep an eye on him. It's a constant endeavor.

Back
Top Bottom