They're gone....

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
celebrate.gif

I finally got the nerve to take my A&M boys to the auction!! No more quail crowing at 6 a.m.!!!
ya.gif

haha!!! YAY freedom of sleep! Or atleast freedom of irritation! My A & M male not only crows, but he also SCREAMS! dont know what that's about scares the daylights out of me! LOL!

OMG!! These two were driving me nuts!!! It wasn't too bad unless I was in there feeding them. They always had to have a screaming match 'look at MEEEEE!!!' It seems like they were trying to see who was the loudest!! But they knew that 'shutUP stupid bird' would get them a towel thrown at them, so they tried not to be too annoying!

I didn't get much for them, but it is still winter. I got as much for two males as I paid for a trio of pharoahs a few months ago, so that's not too bad! A lot of people were saying 'I've never seen a white quail'. I told my dad that the A&M eggs cost as much as the jumbo eggs do, and if people are going to pay more for them, then maybe I'll stick with those after all!! Now I just have to wait for spring. I don't need more baby quail in the house!!
sickbyc.gif

Quote:
yeah i'd assume that the A & M eggs cost as much as the jumbos eggies since they're practically the same sized eggies....and A & Ms are great because not only big eggs but white meat
big_smile.png

I dont have auctions like that to go to or i'd sell off a few extras when i have them too *pouts*

sad.png

We have one here every week. There are actually quite a few in the area that are weekly, but this is the only one we go to. Probably because it's the only one we know how to get to! If we knew where the other ones were, we'd probably go to those too!

I think I'm gonna take some of my extra roos next week. They were getting decent prices tonight. My luck there won't be anyone buying roosters next week
roll.png

Quote:
yeah i'd assume that the A & M eggs cost as much as the jumbos eggies since they're practically the same sized eggies....and A & Ms are great because not only big eggs but white meat
big_smile.png

I dont have auctions like that to go to or i'd sell off a few extras when i have them too *pouts*

there's an auction i went to in PA about 2 years ago i went around this time is was fun... a long drive though but fun...lol

i forgot where it was i have to ask my uncle because i went with him.. but they had all kinds of stuff there

We have a huge one twice a year about 45 minutes from here. It was unbelievable how much things were selling for there! I got lucky and got my critters later in the day, when most people had left or ran out of money. I got a pair of broken tort mini rex rabbits for $10. Tonight I got 1 REW mini rex doe for $11, and she was the one that went for the least. And that was at our little hicktown auction!

Last edited:
Quote:
big_smile.png

there's an auction i went to in PA about 2 years ago i went around this time is was fun... a long drive though but fun...lol

i forgot where it was i have to ask my uncle because i went with him.. but they had all kinds of stuff there

find out for me im curious
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom