They're hatching 😆also I need hatchaholics to answer a question!

Pics

Everose

ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴏɴ, ʙᴏᴛʜ ʜᴀᴜɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴏʟʏ.
Premium Feather Member
Jan 16, 2021
The Great Country of Texas
I'm so excited right now! The silver appleyard eggs are hatching! Everything is great, humidity is fine and they're pipping, talking, and responding to my voice! But one duckling popped out really fast! It has what looks like an umbelical cord and little sac still attached to it's tummy, should I be worried?
20210517_172710.jpg
the little sac is next to the other eggs, the long stringy pink thing is still attached. This is the first time I've seen such a weird thing on a baby. I was also VERY surprised at how fast this Lil guy pipped and popped!

I'm so excited right now! The silver appleyard eggs are hatching! Everything is great, humidity is fine and they're pipping, talking, and responding to my voice! But one duckling popped out really fast! It has what looks like an umbelical cord and little sac still attached to it's tummy, should I be worried?View attachment 2674673the little sac is next to the other eggs, the long stringy pink thing is still attached. This is the first time I've seen such a weird thing on a baby. I was also VERY surprised at how fast this Lil guy pipped and popped!
That little string shouldn't be a problem. Does his navel look ok? Keep him on a soft surface so he doesn't rip it open on anything. Don't cut it, it should dry up and fall off on its own.
Congratulations on the babies, fingers crossed that the rest of your hatch goes smoothly!!!!!

I’m not sure but since I have only hatched under a duck and have only seen pics of yolk sacs I’ll not say any more. Maybe she’ll post a picture of its belly?
You're fine!
I'm pretty sure that that's the cap of the egg, just upside down. It does look weird in the pic though, I did a double take for a minute.

20210517_174029.jpg
ok, the weird stuff is yellow with black and white goop strung through it. The duckling has the umbelical cord tucked underneath itself right now, it has made a yawning motion a couple of times but other than these weird things it's very alert and it's giving me the stink eye😂. Should I put a fresh-outa-the-dryer (not hot) wash rag underneath it?

Back
Top Bottom