They're HaTcHiNg !! PIC HEAVY !!!

jab91864

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 3, 2007
Northern Michigan
I fell off the incubation wagon. It's because I come here and hang out with all the enablers!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

I said I would not incubate before FEB because brooding room is going to be an issue and it's soooo cold for soooooo much longer here.

Do you think I could just slip a couple of my own eggs into the bator to satisfy some twisted need...oh no that would be too easy. Do you think I would be able to stop with just one batch of eggs, oh no the little voice says, why waste all that time and electricity on just 1-dozen eggs. Better to fire it up and raise everyone at once.... oy
roll.png

So I have a batch from eggbid coming of assorted marans (1 DZ assorted Marans eggs may include Black Copper, Golden Cuckoo, Black with Black Birchen Rooster and Blue with Blue Birchen rooster) coming.

I also got another batch from ebay that is suppose to be wellsummer, barnevelders and cuckoo maran assorted. And then I made an inquiry about some blue rocks.

I guess all I need to do is find some silver laced wyandottes and I will be good to go.......
lau.gif
Oh yeah I will speckled sussex too...lol.

I feel worse then when I cheat on a diet....lol. I'm sure once the eggs are here I won't feel the guilt...and for a while last night all I did was beam like an idiot (that is a clear sign your guilty or drunk)...lol.
big_smile.png
lol.png

Julie
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
Im really skeered.....Ive got a brand new incubator coming....and I know how obsessive compulsive I am....I can just see myself rubbing my hands with glee, laughing wickedly, then howling at the moon......shopping for eggs IMMEDIATELY....

Its going to get ugly here.

I have the same problem with weather and I tell you it is so hard but once feb. come that bator is going to be fired up and ready to go. besides my dad said that i could
wee.gif
but all i do now is look at eggs all day long just dreaming oh and not to mention my darn mcmurray catalog came and i want to order stuff from them. i tell you i have it bad. oh and also another bator in the future because one is not enough lol

Oh Julie!!! I am so proud of you!!! When you fall, you do it in a big way
lau.gif
Did you get those eggs off of eggbid??? I kept eyeing those. But I am holding out for my Weaton Marans. I will have to settle for my EE, Welsummers and Autralorps for now. Dang girl, you must have a bator the size of your living room LOL. Congrats on your crash off the wagon and welcome back to Looneyville.
wee.gif

LOL! My mom is going to have my throat. I told her that shipped eggs have a 50% hatch rate. I have a 95% hatch rate and she did not want anymore chickens. This april I am building a pond in the back yard. FOr what you may ask? For ducks and koi lol

Oh, I KNOW the hazards of winter incubating. Did it last year. Had a bator chocked FULL with eggs, had an ice storm, lost power for several days. I was beside myself sick with worry.

I wrapped the bator in a quilt and put it on a stool beside the woodstove. Still couldn't keep the temps up enough to keep everyone alive but I managed to still get live babies.

Knowing this just proves that I am nuts to even think about going thru that again!!!!

I bought some on eggbid, some on ebay and will slip a couple of my own eggs in too...lol.

I've been toying with the idea of getting a bigger motorcycle for spring but because of health and finances have been waffling. When I stepped away from the computer grinnin like a banshee everyone assumed I had bought my new bike...lol. Of course when they saw me prance thru the living room with my dusty bator in my hands they all groaned cuz they knew what was coming!!
lau.gif
D.gif
lau.gif

LOL... no the bator isn't that big. It's a hovabator but I have 2 homemade ones that worked fine for me last year too. I hatched my runner ducks in an aquarium last spring.

Julie

lau.gif
You actually walked by them with the bator it is more of a surprise when all of a sudden they see a chick or hear one peep lol

Ok, well here goes my confessional...

Update ::
Assorted marans (1 DZ assorted Marans eggs may include Black Copper, Golden Cuckoo, Black with Black Birchen Rooster and Blue with Blue Birchen rooster) coming this week.
D.gif

I also got another batch that is suppose to be wellsummer, barnevelders and cuckoo maran assorted coming this week.
D.gif

The guy sending the asstment of marans (guy #1) is also sending 6-blue rock eggs and last but not least.
D.gif

Last night I bought a slew of orpington eggs from Bama...lol. But in my defense they are blue, black, splash and mottled.
D.gif

NOBODY in their right mind
duc.gif
could pass on that deal !!!!
frow.gif
I only have one blue orp in with my buffs so hey I NEEDED them !!
clap.gif

Now if that doesn't keep me beyond busy I don't know what will.

Oooooooooh, did I forget to mention I brought a silkie inside and she is sitting on 5 eggs now instead of golf balls. I think she'll go the distance , she's a killer...snarls, snaps, bites, growls... the family all think she's possessed !!
smack.gif

Julie
wee.gif
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom