They're hatching!!

Christine21656

Chirping
12 Years
Jan 26, 2010
Oakdale, MN/Somerset, WI
I wasn't sure my eggs would hatch, since they were refrigerated, put in the carton however they happened to be, and the hens had just started laying a month ago. Silkies, at that
big_smile.png
BUT 6 out of 11 made it to lockdown, 1 hatched (an hour from pip to hatch too!!!) and 1 just pipped!! On day 19 even!! WOOHOOOO!!!

firstsilkie.jpg

I wanted to try out my brinsea, and enter the contest
smile.png
This is my second hatch ever; my first was in a homemade bator, and 2/7 made it from that one (who are now about 5 weeks old buff orpington/light brahma mixes.. pretty sure I got one male and one female)

ours is hatching as i speak but 1 has been in the shell over a hour, is this ok? i have never had chickens befor our son wonted one as a pet now we have eggs and eggs , can u help out with this?

I had three eggs I wanted to try for my first time incubating. Only one hatched, and he/she hatched during the night while we were sleeping. My wife was making her morning coffee when she heard Peep! Peep! She was so excited she scared the heck out of me when she screamed. By the way, the chick is a cute little Cochin.

Back
Top Bottom